You can type here any text you want

brake question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

no-nos

need help guys, my brakes are kinda acting up, here' the problem.

if i get nto the breaks slowly, they work perfect.

but if i hit them fast, the break pedal geta hard as heck, is that air in the line? i have a friend (upslp) check it and he told me the accumulator bowl would have to be changed. I would like to be sure cause i know once you buy that there's no returning it, if it's not the problem. thanks guys, going way too fast not to have breaks.

Thats what happened to mine just as some jerk through a u turn in front of me. Needless to say he stopped my car:eek: . Swap out the power master and get a vacuum setup or hydroboost. I prefer the vacuum setup myself.
just my 2 cents. good luck

I would convert the car to vacuum brakes also, but just my 2 cents. When I had my powermaster unit on the GN I had the same problem as you, the brake pedal got hard and almost didn't stop the car until I stood on it, but my brake light also lit up in the dash intermittently when applying the brake pedal. I swapped out the accumulator and it fixed the problem! but I switched to vacuum soon after.

thanks for the info guys, does the vacuum hold boost as good as the powermaster? if it does i will be doing the same thing you did turbojd.

I found that it doesn't quite hold as much boost off the line as the powermaster, but safety was my main concern for converting to vacuum set up. You could always install the S-10 larger wheel cylinders in the rear to hold more boost on the line! Then again I've heard of those wheel cylinders locking up on the street with to much pressure applied! I,m sure others will chime in here with their experience on different set ups.

Yea, it's your accumulator.
I had the same problem before my P/M completely died.
Exact same symptoms.

What kind of shape is your P/M in now?
When was the last time you changed the fluid?

Back