Buick is in the family DNA

Tomjoejohn

Really happy to have joined the turbo Buick club recently.
I was raised around cars. My dad was a typical gear head in high school and college with a dozen “shouldn’t have ever sold” vehicles all from the prime muscle car era. When he and my mom got married he had a pristine 1970 Buick GS Stage 1 that was painted yellow/black like a GSX. I grew up looking at photos of these cars and hoping to bring some muscle back into the family someday.
My first car was a 1977 Buick Riviera that passed down through the family from my great grandmother. We painted it and rebuilt the motor and put some rally wheels on it. White interior, white/blue exterior. I kept it pristine and was really proud of that car. Unfortunately, I was hit by a buzzed driver and parts are very hard to come by. I have gathered all that’s needed to bring it back to life but there are other projects first in line.

Fast forward to today, my wife and I have two boys (6,8). We are raising them to get their hands dirty and greasy, be active playing sports, and to keep their noses out of screens. Working on cars and going to car shows has been a great way to implement this plan, plus it means I get to enjoy a hobby that often falls by the wayside when kids come along.
The stable currently includes:
1964 Ford F100. 2 tone red/white. True survivor truck. Wedding gift from my wife’s Papa whose father bought it new.
1971 Buick Skylark Custom. Nicknamed Browntown. Solid car. I have collected the parts to make it a GS Clone, including a year-correct 455.
2010 Ford Raptor Supercharged and Full King Suspension
2014 Chevrolet SS Sedan Procharged w/ Holden Badges. i love that it looks like a docile family sedan but it’s cammed up and packs a punch. This car is awesome for weekend road trips as we hunt car shows in the region.
2011 Raptor. Daily driver.

And the reason we are here:
1986 Buick Regal Grand National
130,000 miles
It was frame-off restored by the original owner who I have been able to make contact with. It exchanged hands from his dealer friend, then a classic car auction in Greensboro. Another retired dealer bought it and he listed in in Boone NC. We bought it the day after he listed it. It needs some detailing where incorrect paint sheens were used here and there on trim and some interior odds and ends that were lost during restoration, but it’s a very nice driver that is in good enough condition to pull into local car shows.
I have gathered a bundle of parts to improve the air, fuel, spark, but (for now) will retain the original look under the hood.
That’s enough for now. Really proud to be part of the niche that is turbo Buicks.

Attachments

• IMG_3754.jpeg
    IMG_3754.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5521.jpeg
    IMG_5521.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5520.jpeg
    IMG_5520.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5524.jpeg
    IMG_5524.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5638.jpeg
    IMG_5638.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5724.jpeg
    IMG_5724.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 46
Welcome to the Turbo Buick forum. The ladies & gentleman members possess a wealth of knowledge so you've come to the right place.

Welcome to the Forum, For folks not familiar with Boone,NC ,that's mountainous country lots of curvy roads. I bet that was sweet ride home.

Welcome to the Forum, For folks not familiar with Boone,NC ,that's mountainous country lots of curvy roads. I bet that was sweet ride home.
I took some video clips of the ride home (carefully) for that exact reason. The ride from Boone to where we live near Asheville NC is heavenly driving in anything, but when it’s a ride home in a dream car it was a different level of euphoria.

Used to run in that area....
Always had to visit the local restaurant to see one of the most beautiful women I ever seen.
She owned the place. Just WOW!!:love: