C-Com for Windows

Big Bird R/T

Just got the Windows version of C-Com today and running it on a Dodge Dakota R/T s/c. My question is how to load the CTS conversion like is done in the DOS version? Do you add it to the target file "in properties" ie:C:\CComWP\CComWP.exe /mopar"?
This is mostly directed at Craig I guess. I lost his e-mail address due to a h/d crash.

Ron
Big Bird R/T

4400 lb truck

This should be documented in the help section but it looks like it slipped through the cracks. Sorry about that.

In the C-ComWP directory, you will find a "CFG" subdirectory. In the "CFG" subdirectory, take note of the following three filenames: "CTS.INI", "GM CTS.INI" & "MOPAR CTS.INI". The "CTS.INI" is the default temp. sensor calibration for C-ComWP. During standard installation, this file is identical to the "GM CTS.INI" file which contains calibration values for a typical GM NTC Sensor. The calibration values for the MOPAR sensor are in the "MOPAR CTS.INI" file. The easiest way to change the calibration is to simply copy the "MOPAR CTS.INI" file over the "CTS.INI" file. C-ComWP will look to whatever is in the "CTS.INI" file for default calibration values.

Hope this helps.

Lance

Lance,
Thanks for the reply, works fine. A quick question tho.
It seems the right hand numbers in the cts. file are temperature but what are the numbers in the left column? Resistance or just a referance?

Thanks,

Ron

The numbers in the left column are the raw 8-bit (0-255) sensor measurements. Each entry defines a point of the transfer function.

Lance

So if I change that 8 bit number to corespond to "what I think is correct" temp I see on my sensor it will be displayed and used in the calculations of the Speed-Pro?

Ron

You could change either number and it would affect the transfer function. The ECU does an A/D conversion on the temp sensor, then looks into the table specified in the CTS.INI file to determine where it fits into the raw value column. Then it looks into the same position in the actual value column to determine the displayed value.

The raw value (0-255) is the 8-bit number corresponding to the voltage (0-5V) at the sensor input. ie. 0 volts = 0, 5 volts = 255.

Lance