You can type here any text you want

Calibration help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cordes

I have done some searching around and I have found some information regarding the TB chips over at GNType, but I was wondering if there was a more comprehensive place for that info?

I am accustomed to doing my own cals for my turbo mopar, but haven't tried my hand at one of these yet. I have a friend with a TB who I would like to help out.

If any of this is super secret squirrel stuff like in other automotive communities feel free to PM me.

Thanks guys.

For raw information the stuff at gnttype is the greatest. Also read Dennis L's papers at turbotweak.com. There are 3 parts to your answer. First, what does the stock ecm do and how does it do it. For that, read the disassembly listing for details on how and the spreadsheet for all the data tables and formulas at gnttype. Second, how to physically make changes and burn a new chip. That can range from a calculator, hex editor, and eprom programmer up to a program like TunerPro (freeware, and there are a couple of definition files available - my old one at diyefi.org and one Dennis posted here that is more complete). Third, what do you need to change and by how much. For that, the best thing to do is read all the archives here in the chip, stage II, and performance ecm forums as a start :-).

Back