You can type here any text you want

Cam for 301T

• Thread starter Thread starter 80TTAPaceCar
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

80TTAPaceCar

hi guys, anybody know a good cam grind for the 301T i am rebuilding the motor in my pacecar. thanks :confused:

Try Isky or Comp cams. The will make you one. I would call them and talk to the tech guy about what would best suit your needs. That's what I did. I went with an Isky cam kit that included cam,lifters,double springs,reatainers,and polylocks. With these springs though I had to get the guides machined down so they would fit. Something to consider or ask about. Good luck with the car. It's nice to see another pacecar hitting the road.

Thanks for the info. its been awhile since this car has been roadworthy hopefull it should be ready by summer '03 ;)

Originally posted by 80TTAPaceCar
its been awhile since this car has been roadworthy hopefull it should be ready by summer '03 ;)

Good luck on summer '03, I know I will have my Turbo T/A back in the streets with my new drivetrain in the summer of '03 after being parked for 9+ years!! :cool: :)

Hey Audiowizard i have an 84 Xfire vette too 60k miles all stock so far. any mods on yours?

Originally posted by 80TTAPaceCar
Hey Audiowizard i have an 84 Xfire vette too 60k miles all stock so far. any mods on yours?

Good choice! I am building the new motor for it now which consists of:

1) X-ram manifold
2) 90 lb injectors (454 SS)
3) Super-comp headers
4) Adj. fuel regulator
5) Modded ECM
6) 2.02/1.60 valve heads ported with 9.5 to 1 compression
7) Forged pistons
8) havent decided on cam :(

ETC..............it will be in the 350 hp range with the recipe on the X-fire board. :)

that sounds awesome, is the X-Ram a direct bolt on. i love these odd ball engines that noone else likes (301T+L83)

I had an 83 Z28 crossfire. Boy was that thing a handfull if something went wrong with it. I got rid of the 305 and put a 350 in it with a comp cams computer car cam and some 2.02 heads. Then I had the crossfire air cleaner chromed. It looked pretty cool. The 350 alone netted me two seconds in the quarter (the 305 was pretty tired and a dog). I ended up selling it as the neighbor kid offered me the right price. I even ported out the manifold. Man those ports are small. The car would always be flat by 5200 rpm. It was a neat concept,but my car seemed to have alot of bugs(electrical). So what do I do? I go out and get a car even more oddball than that one. I guess I will never learn or I like a challenge. :D

Back