You can type here any text you want

Cam Recommendation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87Turbo-TWE4

I currently have the stock cam and stock turbo and wanted to know which replacement cam would be good with the stock converter but still give you a little more power. Thanks for any recommendations.

Ive been reading and reading and talked to a few very smart people on the board and this is what i came up with because i was in the same boat as you.

Many people get into the low 11s and even high tens with the stock cam. Im going to leave myne untill i have the clams to get a hyd roller, just so that i will not wipe the cam. As long as you keep up with the zinc in the oil, thats a whole different can of worms that i dont want to open and turn this thread into, you should be fine with the stock cam unless you have already wiped it. Just pop in some new valve springs and call it a day.

Ive been told that a different turbo and converter will out do just replacing the cam. Just think about what your goals will be with the car and go from there.

IMHO the Comp 206 cam is a good replacement from stock.

I will advise to resist the urge as stated above and leave it alone..... until you have the funds to actually step up to a roller....... this cam lobe wiping issue for flat tappet cams is consuming cams continuously.....and IMHO..... is probably not only the zinc removal in engine oil.... but a combination of several factors.

dont quote me on this, but i think i read it in GM high tec, that comp got sold out to some chinese plant for a few months. Or they started buying a product for a chinese group, or something to that tune. Ive heard about flat tappet cams giong bad all over the car community.

Back