You can type here any text you want

cam sensor cap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
yes you can
probably cheaper to go to ebay and by a complete sensor with cap

x2 on just buying a whole unit. gbody parts and tr customs sell the caps which avg about $75, the gear i'm not sure were to get. but all in all easier to just buy whole thing then to piece an old one back togther

x2 on just buying a whole unit. gbody parts and tr customs sell the caps which avg about $75, the gear i'm not sure were to get. but all in all easier to just buy whole thing then to piece an old one back togther

i posted where to get the gear... 40+ship for the steel, 45+ship for the bronze
and you have to watch on old sensor bodies , look at the little square pods cast in the main body above the gear shim that they arent worn down, they keep the shaft held down toward gear prevent the sensor ring from hitting the cap , you can shim if worn a little but if the gaps are too small or gone no oil gets to to the shaft

search for PC-16 complete sensor , even stamped with a GM part # because it is the GM part , was cheap for short time (under 50bucks) and they usually pop up around 100

kirbans 2 cents worth

The issue usually is not related to the cap unless it is cracked or has a break in the wire lead. The gear starts to wear causing the nose usually when the engine is first started. The above advice from others is rite on you should try and buy a entire new unit.

If you don;t have any luck at finding any under $200 give kirbanperformance.com a try (us) we have a few left 100% brand new and correct. GM list is well over $400.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

past owner of many nice Turbo Regals.

Back