You can type here any text you want

cam sensor problem?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Harv49

I am trying to set my cam sensor but seem to be either not doing it correctly or my sensor is bad. I have followed all procedures with getting the motor to 25 degrees ATDC and the cam sensor opening is facing the driver's side fender. I am doing the voltage method. While rotating the sensor I see 2 voltages. My high voltage is 10-11 and my low voltage is 6-7 (the low voltage is also accomplished by removing the cap and holding it in the air). I have researched this and found a couple different answers. Some people say you find the voltage drop and set it at that and others say the voltage should drop to 0-2 volts. What am I supposed to follow? Is my sensor bad? Any help is greatly appreciated..

I am doing the voltage method. While rotating the sensor I see 2 voltages. My high voltage is 10-11 and my low voltage is 6-7 (the low voltage is also accomplished by removing the cap and holding it in the air). I have researched this and found a couple different answers. Some people say you find the voltage drop and set it at that and others say the voltage should drop to 0-2 volts. What am I supposed to follow? Is my sensor bad? Any help is greatly appreciated..

The voltage should drop below 2 volts. Either the sensor is bad, your meter is wrong, or your measuring the voltage between the wrong pins on the sensor.

Back