can I do this???????

trbogn

I have a set of polk dnamic balance 6x9s, and infinity kappa 3.5s up front. right now i have the stock radio. I want to keep everything stock in my car. I have a CD player and a US acoustics 4x60 watt amp laying aorund in my garage, that I had in my old monte carlo super sport. Is there any way that I could install my cd player in my glovebox?? and then wire the amp from my trunk to the glovebox?? my car only has 13,000 miles on it, and i want the interior to look stock, so I dont want an aftermarket cd player in place of the stock radio. Have any of you guys done an install like this?? I feel like all my stereo equipement is just going to waste sitting in my garage. Let me know if you have "hidden" a cd player. thanks. adam isadore.

All you gotta do is mount it in the glove box so its secure and so that its level. Run all the wires from the stock radio over to the glovebox. Personally i would ditch the stock unit but keep it to put back in if you chose so. you could also keep the stock unit and put a cd changer in the glovebox and hook the amp up to the stock unit but i i know theres alot more stuff involved. Pioneer make a really nice unit that is the same size as a stock unit and it is a direct bolt in and no adapter is need to mount it.

Mine is "somewhat" hidden. I used an Alpine 1665SP receiver/CD controller with an Alpine AI-Net 12 disc-shuttle. I built a fiberglass pod that is covered in vinyl and is secured through the headliner into the roof support brace. I still have full use of my factory headunit that plays its signal into a L/R channel high level input in control module. Here is a pic of install :)

Attachments

• gn alpine head unit.jpg
    gn alpine head unit.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 73