You can type here any text you want

Car Cover

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Happy New Year y'all!

I am in immediate need of a QUALITY car cover. I saw the ones at CarMotorsports, and they look good.

Anyone have one from them? Or have any other suggestions? Never bought one before so I am not sure how to tell quality.

Any opinions/help welcomed.

Michael

I'm also considering cost. $200 for the CarMotorsports cover. Haven't had a ton of luck locating too many other covers for the 3rd gen body for comparison.

Is that the going rate?

I got the my cover from johns performance. Nice cover has

TTA logo patch in the front. I have my build # sewn just below

the patch in the front.:D Nice and big to the sides hook under

the body and almost covers the wheels. I think it was $190 or so.

I believe John gets (some) of his items from Car. Cover is one of them (?). But, you were happy with the fit/quality?

i also have the one from john. i did not get my build number, just the tta logo. seems to work fine. it is a custom fit cover so it is tight, has pockets for the side view mirrors, seems fine to me.

I have a CarMotorsports cover and love it. It is on my GN but hey.... same company right? :-)

I got the GN logo embroidered on the nose.

It has done the best job of keeping dust off the car and I have tried several.

I assume immediate need means outside storage. Sorry to hear that. My cover was a generic fit ,but nice material , if going on a clean dry car. Only $30.00 @ Menards which is a Home Depot / Lowes sort of building material store. Go figure them having car covers. I bought a jetski and motorcycle cover there also.

Loose fitting on car so must be indoors - no wind / rain . Keeps dust off and I am the only one that sees it so doesn't have to have logos and be pretty.

The hump in the back is the old fashioned phone antenna that previous owner put on back in "89" . Thanks Dude.

link to pic:
CAR%20COVER.JPG

Isn't the Car Motorsports one lifetime guaranteed? It was when I bought mine. That's a HUGE difference because any cover is going to wear out when used outdoors. I've used Covercraft and other brand-name ones and they typically won't last more than 3-4 years.

Lifetime limited warranty.

I think it had exclusions like burnt holes from hot tailpipes and the like. Essentially, you screw it up because you do something stupid they won't cover it.

You put it on the car and leave it and it falls apart they give you a new one :-) I think it covered stitching and seams.

Originally posted by chicagoTTA
I believe John gets (some) of his items from Car. Cover is one of them (?). But, you were happy with the fit/quality?

ChicagoTTA,
I have a Car Motorsports one which came with my Hardtop Car. They are nice for keeping weather off the car but not soft at all. I actually use a Plush Weave cover from California Car cover under it to protect the finish and keep the dust off the car.

The Car Motorsports looks cool with the Hardtop's Car number on it. The cover fits good.

- Dave

It is true that these covers offer no protection from denting caused by something hitting the car. They are very thin and not padded.

What the do offer is hands down the best dust protection I have ever experienced. It has not scrated the paint at all (black in my case) but if you are worried about dent protection.... do what Davege suggests and put a cheapo cotton cover beneath it.

Captain Mark said:
I have a California Car Cover. Works OK.

Yeah, I just tried to clean that one (FYI: I bought Mark's Car) and it basically fell apart :eek:

So I'll be purchasing this car motorsports cover soon.

I haven't purchased one yet. Was VERY interested in getting the CarMotorsports cover. One main reason was the emblem stitching option. But it seems they don't do that anymore, since it's difficult to get them to line up (not on the cover itself, but when covering the car).

I'd STILL like to do that though. Think that really sets it off.

Maybe we can work some sort of GP?

Back