You can type here any text you want

Car is sagging both front and rear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

my85grandnation

85 Triple Threat
My GN is sagging both front and rear. It sits way low and Im not sure if it just needs shocks or if it needs new shocks and springs. I believe it has the stock springs on it and the car has over 100k miles so do you think they need to be replaced anyways. What kind of springs and shocks should I use? I want something a little better than stock but dont want to pay that much. Thanks

Shocks have nothing to do with sag, its the springs. But, if you are doing all 4 springs, you might as well do shocks too(especially if they too have 100k miles on them). You will be surprised on how much better the car handles with new shocks. KirbanPerformance.com sells original height rear springs. The fronts(or even the rears) can be bought at any parts store. Just make sure the fronts are for a car with air conditioning. These are the "heavy duty" springs. If you want to stay pretty cheap with the shocks, I'd go with the monroe's at pepboys. They are reasonable in price, black so they look factory, and better quality than factory.

Don't do what I did

I tried to get the springs from the dealer. There are many different spring rates/heights, and I got the wrong ones. After I had an aftermarket shop install them, along with graphite impregnated bushings, it was awful! (Could not align and the bushings squeaked)
I finally had to redo the entire front end, with the original GM bushings and the springs from the GS Club.
HTH

Back