Car Randomly Dies

mydesigner

BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!!!!!
I have a really annoying problem. I can be driving down the road and my car will like die, well not exactly die but, it makes no more sound. The ses light will flash, right when it does it I hit the gas, the fp guage goes up but motor doesn't rev up. The stock tach will stay lit up at 1000rpm. Sometimes the motor will just kick back in like usual other times it will then completely die and all the lights come on, like when you turn the key on. It will then restart just like nothing happened. Its almost like it just looses spark or something. Help
:confused:

I would try replacing the ignition module and coilpack with a known good one if possible.If you have access to a Casper's tester or an inductive timing light you would run it and see if the spark drops off.That tach gets it's signal from the module and the fact it's acting up tells me that maybe the module is getting funky.I would start there.

the fp guage goes up but motor doesn't rev up.

Take a closer look at the FP. If in fact its going up, is it going up from an abnormaly low figure ?? FP goes up w/ boost and if u got boost, your motor should rev....unless u got a potato in your tailpipe
;)
Check your grounds and battery connections. Grounds are on the right rear head and a bitch to get too, but oh so important.