You can type here any text you want

Car shifts at 4100rpms at WOT, can it be adjusted ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mytta49

I installed a new coil today and fixed my problem of the car breaking up. I also installed a new Y fitting and hoses and orifice for the turbo.
My BLM is lower, but still high at 139 at idle.

I took it out on the highway at WOT and it shifted through all the gears. This is what I experienced and wonder if there is an answer.

1. Ran smooth, but the boost only goes to 10psi and I am getting .07 KR at the top of third gear. Before I changed the above hoses, I was able to run 13 lbs with 0 KR, any ideas ?

2. At WOT the car shifts at 4100rpms which seems low compared to what the yellow and red lines are on the tach. Any ideas why this is or is there a way to adjust it to shift at a higher RPM ?

I am doing my damndest to learn, I got a long way to go. LOl
Thanks to all that reply.

P.S. The AFPR is set at 42 with vacuum off, the TPS is .42 and the BLM at idle is 139. Car is all stock also.

should shift between 4400-4700 stock, could of had a leak in the hoses causing the boost to creep. TV cable can be adjusted.

Will the TV cable allow it to shift at a higher RPM or does adjusting the cable only affect shift firmest ?
If you say it will increase the rpm shift, is there any site that explains where the adjustment is on the car ?
Thanks

You'll find some links about the TV Cable and how to set it in the TTA FAQ List.

Also, check Here to be sure you've hooked the 'Y' for the turbo into the boost system correctly. If you hook it up backwards, you'll get 10 PSI max.

Good Luck :)

Originally posted by mytta49
I installed a new coil today and fixed my problem of the car breaking up. I also installed a new Y fitting and hoses and orifice for the turbo.
My BLM is lower, but still high at 139 at idle.

I took it out on the highway at WOT and it shifted through all the gears. This is what I experienced and wonder if there is an answer.

1. Ran smooth, but the boost only goes to 10psi and I am getting .07 KR at the top of third gear. Before I changed the above hoses, I was able to run 13 lbs with 0 KR, any ideas ?

2. At WOT the car shifts at 4100rpms which seems low compared to what the yellow and red lines are on the tach. Any ideas why this is or is there a way to adjust it to shift at a higher RPM ?

I am doing my damndest to learn, I got a long way to go. LOl
Thanks to all that reply.

P.S. The AFPR is set at 42 with vacuum off, the TPS is .42 and the BLM at idle is 139. Car is all stock also.

1. the y fitting is probably on backwards...When car gets heat soaked from running on highway ect. the car will detenate sooner.
2.Sounds like TV cable
3.139 BL is fine, but no higher. just dont get kr in top of 3rd anymore.

Best thing for you is to get alky and take baby steps with boost/chip/tune and the car will fly. Of course after fuel pump,spring cleaning,scantool,ect.

HTH
Bo

The Y and where I installed the orifice is definately right after I checked it again.

You definitely have the .040 orifice in your Y?

Other than that have you checked all your intercooler/intake hoses to make sure they were tight and not possibly torn somewhere. Sometimes there hard to spot when there on the bottom of the hose.

I replaced the two hoses yesterday on the intake pipe, but cant figure out how to replace the third one that goes from the turbo to the neck of the intercooler. I guess either the turbo or the intercooler has to come off ?
On top of that, I broke the small pin (I think they call it a roll or barrel pin) that sticks out and controls the TPS. Now I am getting a code 22. I was able to tap out the piece of the barrel pin, but I cant find one that fits locally, Tried a couple of auto parts stores and they are either to thick or not long enough.
Always something.

mytta49 I replaced the two hoses yesterday on the intake pipe, but cant figure out how to replace the third one that goes from the turbo to the neck of the intercooler. I guess either the turbo or the intercooler has to come off ?
On top of that, I broke the small pin (I think they call it a roll or barrel pin) that sticks out and controls the TPS. Now I am getting a code 22. I was able to tap out the piece of the barrel pin, but I cant find one that fits locally, Tried a couple of auto parts stores and they are either to thick or not long enough.
Always something

mytta49, You don't need to take anything out. Loosen the bronze bolts that are in the turbo brackets ( I believe there is 6, they are located on the inside of the compressor housing, oh yea! Remove the turbo shield ). Then roll the turbo up or down, the boot will come off. If it sticks take a small screw driver and push it in between the hose and metal then spray some penatrent oil in the raised part of the boot, it'll come off. Buy a new TPS!

Back