You can type here any text you want

Caspers Knock Gage?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kyle F

Addicted to Boost
So I instaled a caspers knock gage, and once it was hooked up, all the light except two of the green ones lit up. Called them, they replaced it. Got the knew one today, hooked it up and only th every top yeallow light comes on. I am almost 100% positive that I have the wire in terminal B that they say to tap into (yellow wire with black stripe). So, what gives? Is there really a possibility I got two bad ones?

Anyone else had experiences with them?

How many bulbs equal how much retard?

I never have had problems with my scanmaster. fwiw

Doesnt really say in the kit, but I figured I would get a rough estimate from running it and the Turbo link together. Basically its a series of green yellow and red LEDs.
Severity is based on color.

Do the LEDs come on and stay on after you start the car, or only when the key is turned to the "on" position?

I had a similar problem with my gauge once the car started...it turns out that it has nothing to do with the gauge, but rather it is the result of the ESC module. When I normally start the car, the first green LED is on and the main LED is off. I usually have to "reset" the gauge before it will correctly detect kncok. To do this, I simply installed a small push button switch under the dash. The switch is connected to the wire going to ground. It sounds like a pain...and I was really against doing this. But, now that it is installed, it is not a big deal at all. To see if this is what is causing your problem, you can start the car...once the car is started and the wrong LEDs are lit, simply remove the wire from the ground, then reinstall it (with the car running). If the gauge goes back to normal once the ground in reinstalled, this is likely the problem. Here is a link that talks about the issue a little more in depth:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50593

It will detect some knock upon engine startup. If the gauge does not reset after a few seconds when the engine is started, then you'll need to add a reset switch as described above.
The center light should be on during normal operation with no knock.

My GN did this, got a new gauge, same problem so I added switch. In my TTA, the gauge works fine.

As far as how much knock does each light represent, its different for each car, but by the time mine hits the orange, its about 3-4 degrees, so green I don't worry about.

Back