You can type here any text you want

Castles nuts on center link?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bishir

Serenity Now
I don't have holes for castle nuts on my tie rods/center link connection. Does this seem right? There aren't any holes for cotterpins...
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388724243.582274.jpg

Drill them in. Use a centerdrill and then chase a die on the threads. The holes location is not important. Screw the castle nut on and mark it with a drill or punch...lightly. Back the nut off and then drill. It only holds a cotter pin so the nut can't fall all the way off.

Drill them in. Use a centerdrill and then chase a die on the threads. The holes location is not important. Screw the castle nut on and mark it with a drill or punch...lightly. Back the nut off and then drill. It only holds a cotter pin so the nut can't fall all the way off.
Looks like I'm doing this. Interesting there aren't holes here as I thought it was standard..

haven't looked at my Regal for a while, but i'm pretty sure my 86 Camaro uses crimped nuts at those locations instead of cotter pins. i think the only cotter pins on that car are the ball joints and outer tie rods.

Back