You can type here any text you want

Champion GN1 Aluminum Head Specs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboWh1

Can someone tell me the following:
What size are the intake runners? In comparison to champion irons.
Where are Champion's rough castings made? All USA??
Stock rockers and valve covers fit?

champion gn1 8 bolt heads untouched can use the stock rockers, the stock valve covers can be used if you use thick gaskets or remove gasket flange . if you do T+D roller rockers they need to be for gn1 aluminum and youll need spacers to use stock covers or tall aftermarket covers . intake gasket same as youd use for iron (felpro ms96033), if the heads are ported they would need to use a gasket that fits the port

14 bolt heads and R heads cant use stock rockers , stock valve covers could be used with spacers ..how much depends on the rockers and valve length , intake gasket would depend on porting level

Any idea what size the intake runners are on the aluminum heads? Just curious if they have larger intake runners compared to the Champion iron heads...

Any idea what size the intake runners are on the aluminum heads? Just curious if they have larger intake runners compared to the Champion iron heads...
I just had my engine rebuilt and I think the intake runners are about the same size as the ported champion irons. They may be a little smaller than ported irons, my engine builder when mating up to my intake had to port the GN1 a bit to match intake runners on the my lower intake. Which was port match for Champion Irons.

Reading your signature, I just got my engine rebuilt with a 6265 turbo. I also have 60lb injectors and alky. Hopefully next year I will get into the 10s sec territory.

I just had my engine rebuilt and I think the intake runners are about the same size as the ported champion irons. They may be a little smaller than ported irons, my engine builder when mating up to my intake had to port the GN1 a bit to match intake runners on the my lower intake. Which was port match for Champion Irons.

Reading your signature, I just got my engine rebuilt with a 6265 turbo. I also have 60lb injectors and alky. Hopefully next year I will get into the 10s sec territory.

I ended up resurfacing my irons, pressure testing and replacing the springs. You should be in 10 second territory with what you have. Be very mindful of the tune the more power you make the better the chance for a mishap!

I ended up resurfacing my irons, pressure testing and replacing the springs. You should be in 10 second territory with what you have. Be very mindful of the tune the more power you make the better the chance for a mishap!
I realize the more of a chance of a mishap. When I first got my GN, I upgraded my turbo added methanol injection and had the fuel pump replaced. Ran full out with 24lbs of boost on the street and never had any issues. Ran my car at the track for the first time, I had 4 runs with no issues and on the 5 run I popped a head gasket. As it turns out, my fuel pump died. This was in 2008 when a batch of XP pumps were failing. Fixed the head gaskets, but car never really ran that great again. I did manage an 11.88 pass though with my TE44.
I may only just continue to run the street chip next year. That's a maximum of 18psi. Then in 2018 upgrade to an ally chip or xfi. Engine is built, trans is built, just need to get stronger driveshaft and aftermarket axles and maybe upgrade my POSI. These cars are a pain but, when they are running good they are awesome.

Back