You can type here any text you want

circa 98 Modded Mustang

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DJay

GN Novice.
Late one evening, on the way back from my band's show, I saw up ahead a yellow mustang. My lovely lady was next to me with my best bud in the back seat. Cold evening (40's) so the windows were up: couldn't hear the stangs exhuast tone to see if it was beefed up or not....

I'm a pretty straight laced lookin guy and so is my GN. Pull up to a red light and hop in the lane next to him. 2 skin head lookin guys REFUSING to look in my direction!

Roll down the window ... they won't look! I wasn't about to launch unless i knew he was committed. On our way to the next light I was incensed: started pulling ahead under boost and dropping back, antagonizing him.

Well ... that did it! Next light his window was down, so I revved the GN and made sure he knew I wanted a piece of him. (I have to admit, with the stock airbox / exhaust, the GN prolly sounded pretty puny next to his v8 heh heh) FINALLY he revs it up a bit and starts watchin the lights .... waitin for the yellow! Hearts pumpin cuz I haven't actually dragged from a stop in the GN yet, and now my g/f and bud are here to watch if i get my rear handed to me!

The oposite lane lights turn yellow ... footbrake torque to about 4lbs of boost and the green hits!

OH MY GOD! This guy's car was ANYTHING but stock! Sounded normal at idle, but when he hit it ... made u wonder if he had exhuast at all! GN roaches the street radials a bit then hooks ... we pull 1/2 car on launch.

Stang starts to pull back up til he had to shift to 2nd ... drops to my bumper (GN squeels 2nd HARD). It was about then i realized niether of us had noticed the rough railroad tracks up ahead! Too late: i'm committed and i'm WINNING! Well, without a front or rear sway bar, you can imagine how the GN musta looked goin over the tracks (imagine a ship at sea in the middle of a HUGE storm!) But i kept the foot down and the boost up ...

By the time 3rd gear hit with the slightest chirp, the mustang was examining my bumper! Let off before 4th and coasted to the next red light..... even though we were the only 2 cars on the 4 lane street, he pulled behind me! HA HA HA HA! HAD to have been wonderin ... how the HELL did that granny car take me?!? To embarrassed to pull up next to us!

Talk about adrenaline! I rewarded my baby by doin 5 under the limit all the way home that night... she earned it. :D

It wasn't driveable really ... all over the place.

Now i have a front sway bar installed; much better. Rear goin on this weekend.

You're car might have been harder to drive but it probibly left the line better without the frount sway bar.Get some stickeyer back tires so that you don't go up in smoke after you hook up the frount sway bar.By the way great kill:D

Back