You can type here any text you want

Cobras are suppose to be fast?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bescurred

BOOSTED SHAMU v2.0
Midnight drive to Walmart turned interesting for once! I work the night shift so on my days off I find it difficult to stay awake. Hence the reason for going to walmart was to get a case of redbull. Last weekend I was at cecil county and filled up the GN with 112 octance :cool: and had plenty of left overs. So, I always keep my eyes out when I go somewhere, and low and behold rollin up beside me at a stop light was an 97 or so model cobra. Sounded healthy enough so I gave it a lil tap to snort at the kid. There was two of them in the car and couldn't have been older than 19 or so. The passenger looks over and I spool it enough to let the drivers side raise up he was like uh oh :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: . So I asked him if he wanted some, the light changes as i'm looking over and I hear his friend say "tell em go" So this dude jumps out by about 2 car lenghts and i'm like damnit you bastard. I lay into it and spin the hell out of these crappy 17 inch kuhmos and as ol shamu finally comes into boost and decides to straightin up hes 3 cars out. About 5 seconds of actually worrying I start reeling him in and start the catch up game, I actually got scared :tongue:. Shamu as yet to let me down in a street race. So as I pass I give him the look out the window at his headlights as am going by. I passed him up pretty good and the ever famous whistle of death wins AGIAN! So, they kids were like hey is that supercharged? I was like nope just a turbocharged V6. :D Both were like :confused:

TommyV8 said:
The Cobras of that era are not fast at all, but good kill on the Stang. :D

Fast is relative. If you're a ricer, then a Cobra would be very fast.

Just be glad it was not a 03/04 Cobra with an upgraded pulley and chip. :D
Good kill though!! :biggrin:

There's a ton of difference between Cobras of various years. A cobra driver might think the same thing if he encountered a stock GN (i.e. I thought those were supposed to be fast).

Nice kill on the kids in the Cobra, but your signature indicates that there are plenty of Cobras (basically any pullied/tuned 03/04) that are out of your league.

Late model Cobras are like GNs - Many times you can't tell if the guy in the next lane runs 13's or 10's. :biggrin:

Yea yea, so what about the 03's but this dude jumped out 2 cars before I even laid into it b/c of the way he said go. If any chiped or pullied cobra gave me a 2 car jump and I was in race tune its not catchin me. Oh and my car has been some 12.2xs in the 1/4

Yeah, 12.2 would be enough to take on some lightly modded 03/04 Cobras. Definitely enough to spank a Cobra older than that, as well as my Camaro.

i have yet to see an 03/04 cobra around here lay down some good times

nice job shamu

Ditto on the 03' 04' cobra they can be tough! I know I have one :eek: Basic bolt ons 490 RWHP 490 Trq. (Safe street tune)
None the less good kill though! ;)

V8'sHAHA said:
Yea yea, so what about the 03's but this dude jumped out 2 cars before I even laid into it b/c of the way he said go. If any chiped or pullied cobra gave me a 2 car jump and I was in race tune its not catchin me. Oh and my car has been some 12.2xs in the 1/4

Was the "yea, yea" in your post to make it seem like I was making excuses for the Cobra? :confused: Well I wasn't. Just trying to bring perspective from somebody that owns both.

Based on your 1/8 mile trap speed, I think my Cobra (and many pullied 03/04s)could easily give you 2 cars and track you down.

Then again there are some local GNs that could give me two cars and easily track me down (but they trap 100+ in the 1/8th and run 10s, not 12.2@???).

Again, nice job giving them the 2 car hit and still running them down like dogs. :smile:

Ditto on the 03' 04' cobra they can be tough! I know I have one :eek: Basic bolt ons 490 RWHP 490 Trq. (Safe street tune)

Oops didnt mean to post twice. :rolleyes:
V8killR4U said:

Back