You can type here any text you want

Connectors where do they go

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

I can't figure where to plug these connectors into. I had to pull my engine due to a broken crank.

P1010058.jpg

P1010060.jpg

P1010063.JPG

P1010064.JPG

Note these come off the same splice as the intake air temperature sensor. I just don't see where to plug them in. I also I have another one, but I didn't get a picture of it. I will post tomorrow. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Charles

ok, the one that plugs into the red connector on the compressor I thought that I had already plugged in. Didn't bother looking. Now the other one, I wasnt for sure, but I did find it on the bottom of the compressor and it is plugged in. Now does it matter which way it is plugged in?

They should only be able to be plugged in one way. Thus eliminating the ability to screw it up. Start the car and turn on the AC. What happens? Was it working before? Why were they unplugged to begin with?

They should only be able to be plugged in one way. Thus eliminating the ability to screw it up. Start the car and turn on the AC. What happens? Was it working before? Why were they unplugged to begin with?

The one that plugs in on top, to the red mating connector on the compressor, is keyed like the majority of the other connectors, no problem there. The slim black one(female connector), in which it plugs into the two prongs on the bottom of the compressor can be plugged in one way and flipped and plugged in another way. I'll figure it out, I should have paid more attention when I pulled it off. Yes it worked before I pulled my engine and upper and lower control arms and the AC unit and power steering pump were in my way, so I had to take them off. It was due for good cleaning, I had an oil leak and it was everywhere.

BTW, why do care why I took them off. I was just asking where they go, nothing more, nothing less. I also was specific, maybe not specific enough for some, that I was talking about the one that plugged in on the bottom, with regard to its orientation of plugging it in. Because as far as I can I it is not keyed.
Charles

Back