You can type here any text you want

console applique kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buick83-T

83' T-type
Does anyone know where I can get a "woodgrain" applique kit??All I have found is kits for the 84-87 TR's.

Only GM would have them. I would suspect the are discontinued.

About the 3" Mease downpipe. Have you spoke with him about this yet? The '83 uses a different DP than the 84/85. I want a larger DP, but I don't see how a 3" will work on the stock 2½" elbow. Do you live close enough for him to exactly work on the car?

Originally posted by b4black
About the 3" Mease downpipe. Have you spoke with him about this yet? The '83 uses a different DP than the 84/85. I want a larger DP, but I don't see how a 3" will work on the stock 2½" elbow. Do you live close enough for him to exactly work on the car?

He has it made....he done it using a spare 83' turbo to make the different flange. It took a while he had a problem getting the wastegate puck to seal off with the 83's being so small. Now im just waiting to get it.

Will the elbow and DP be one piece? I tought about something like that, but I was worried about bolting it to the turbo when the turbo is mounted to the engine. I tried unbolting the elbow once and I couldn't get the lowest bolt off. The valve cover gets in the way.

I'd love to see pictures of the finish pipe. I was planning on going with local fabricator for a 2½' DP with a ported stock elbow. I figured a 3" wasn't possible.

downpipe

Rich,
Not sure about if the elbow and downpipe will be one piece or not. I thought he had said it was a 3 piece downpipe. I will see if I can post some pics of it when it comes in.

Back