Consolidated Attendance List - X Bash

I'm going to try and make it but without the GN. Billy Duke is working on it but probably won't be ready in time. I'll have to bring the all original stock 86' T-type down. Sounds like it's going to be a fun event! Thanks, R.B.

My name is Jarod Fitte....I will most definately be there on March 5th. The track is about 20 min's from my house, so count me in. Gates open at 11:30? If so, I'll see you all then. I don't think I'll be racing though as my GN is for cruisin' only...ha (I'm a baby).

Originally posted by whiplash306
My name is Jarod Fitte....I will most definately be there on March 5th. The track is about 20 min's from my house, so count me in. Gates open at 11:30? If so, I'll see you all then. I don't think I'll be racing though as my GN is for cruisin' only...ha (I'm a baby).

Welcome:D

Gates will be open for the Buicks around 8am.

Great....thanks, I'll be there...Really quick question. Fat chance I'm sure, but does anyone know if there might possibly be someone with a GNX showing up there? I've never actually seen one besides on magazines and random shows, so that would really be a treat. Anyhow, just curious......

***********update**********

Mr. Pudd'n got my GN tore down and the good news is my problem was NOT a cam, but rather, a bad rocker/push rod.

The bad news is, I already bought a new cam and gaskets and all that jazz....

Soooooo....... Anyone want to buy a brand new 212/212 cam??? $150 takes it home!

---Ron

What about me??????????

Since my brother,Ron Jr., forgot about me I will be there too. I guess I better make sure I am still riding with him. Shawn

Could someone give me directions to the dragstrip in Temple coming from Dallas? Thanks, R.B.

Originally posted by rb68rr
Could someone give me directions to the dragstrip in Temple coming from Dallas? Thanks, R.B.

Here's the link to the track's website. There's a link on there for driving directions! If you still need help, I'm sure someone can do better.... I'm still not sure exactly how to get there.... :)

Temple Dragway Info

---Ron

Just checked the 10 day forecast for Temple and it's looking good. Thunderstorms on Wednesday, but Partly Cloudy through the weekend!

---Ron

March 5th, Sat - Buicks Vs. The World plus Street Shootout (No Top or Mod) I know what Top and Modified is but is there certain rules such as mufflers and street tires required to run this weekend? Was thinking of attending. :)

Just want to introduce myself. My name is Greg Duffield and I took over Temple Academy Dragway last May. I'm really looking forward to this event, because I've heard so many good things about it. I will do whatever I can to accomodate you folks, and make you feel welcome. I know you have many choices when it comes to tracks in Texas, and I appreciate the fact that you choose to race with us.

I've been talking a little trash on some other message boards, just trying to stir the pot a bit and get some more Mustangs, F-Bodies, and others to come out and run you guys. Hopefully it will work out and everyone can come out and have a great day of racing.

You can run time-only / test-n-tune or the street shootout (which if we get over 40 cars pays $200 to win) for the same price. You can run slicks in the street shootout, but you have to have closed exhaust. If we have enough open exhaust cars I don't mind running a gamblers race for you as well, since there will probably be some dragsters and other full blown race cars here testing that might want to join in. We'd probably just do 100% payback in that class.

Just a few safety issues: 13.99 and quicker, you must wear a helmet. If you run slicks (regardless of ET), please have a driveshaft loop and you must wear a helmet. Also, please make sure you have some sort of neutral safety switch so the car won't start while it's in gear (most cars have this already). These are the main things we check for. Don't sweat it if you can't get your car completely up to specs right now, I know it's short notice. The main thing is make sure you have a helmet if you run slicks or run quicker than 13.99.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. You can e-mail me at: greg@templeacademy.com

Pudd'n did it again!

I just got my Rambler back from Pudd'n at EJ's shop in Conroe and it is running great.

I blew both head gaskets trying to test a boost controller. Pudd'n was able to change both gaskets and fix some other things in a day so I will see everyone in Temple.

Look for the beat up ol Rambler with a LiL V6 in her......

Ross Johnson
Friendswood,TX

1968 Rambler w/ GN motor...

Time? who knows

Re: Pudd'n did it again!

Originally posted by turborambler
Look for the beat up ol Rambler with a LiL V6 in her......

You were just so fast, the paint couldn't keep up!!! ;)

Can't wait to see that thing run! Sure as heck sounded good last night!

---Ron

Show Paint

The ol girl could use a bucket of paint or two with some brushes. : )

I not sure what it will run - if I can get a good full pass I will be happy.

I will be coming as well, but now I need to know if anyone has a helmet I could borrow, or a cheap place to buy one. I'm pretty sure I'm faster than 13.99 seconds (hell my Rustang stock goes faster than that), so now not sure if I'll race. I can't wait though to see that convoy roll out of Hillsboro.

Jesse Cole

Oh yeah medium sized head, and I don't sweat much haha.

I'll bring my extra helmet, but it is big. If it will fit, you can borrow it.

I have a white '86 T-Type on a black open trailer being pulled by a red Dodge truck. Look me up at the track if you need it.