conversion kit for 4 x 10 to 6 x 9 speaker question.

eagleguy

Has anyone found one kit to be better than another? I just purchased a "Best" kit# 50012 that was supposed to be for the G body but it seems to have the wrong size retainer bracket/spring.

Has anyone found one kit to be better than another? I just purchased a "Best" kit# 50012 that was supposed to be for the G body but it seems to have the wrong size retainer bracket/spring.
should be all the same I bought mine on EBay for 13 dollars with JVC 6x9s went right in.

I've got the 6X9 conversion in my car as well. Great improvement in the sound quality over the 4X10's !!

The spring brackets sent with the kit I bought do not line up to the mounting tabs. Its like they are too short.

Their a bitch I had to lay in the truck on my back a lot of pulling and pushing to get those hooked in.Longer side of the rod faces the back of the car put the looped part in the metal tab first wrap the underside off the speaker with the rods one at a time hooking them in the holes in the other side.

I ended up using zip ties to pull the looped part up and tight to the deck and to snug up everything so the speakers can't shift. Real PITA getting my chunky butt in the trunk for the install. Hope the speakers last forever! LOL

There is a left and right side...very tight, but they will fit