You can type here any text you want

Cool article with TTA-- in Mustang LX article

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Finally an article that compares not a couple...but 17 different contenders being put through the paces and the TTA coming out the winner in the points ranking.

It's funny too the underrating of the TTA @ 250 HP "TROUNCES" the 240 HP Vette in the 0-60 and 1/4.. LOL

I have that mag. still.

Funny thing is a lot of 1/4 mile #'s for the TTA are referenced from that MT test, which was at LACR, and is probably one of the slowest tracks in the country.

Elevation is 2700' and DA's get as high as 5-6000'

Just keeps the sleeper mentallity alive - that they are all bone stock 14 second cars.:biggrin:

yeah... the 14.1-14.2 for the TTA is pretty silly....even my grandmother could get a 14.0 off the "stock" TTA on the 2nd try LOL

The numbers for the 89 LX Mustang (low 15s) was a bit high too.. those cars due to their light weight and reving potential over the TPIs...should have scored at least a mid 14! TPI Vetts should be a bit lower too....

My Car & Driver put it at 13.4 in the 1/4 @ 102 mph, that's more realistic test review. Though, they did trash it in the "counterpoint" section. They said it was best suited cruising the local McDonalds to the oohs and ahhs of teenagers...Don't know why they labeled it that way. Ferrari snobs I guess.

My Car & Driver put it at 13.4 in the 1/4 @ 102 mph, that's more realistic test review. Though, they did trash it in the "counterpoint" section. They said it was best suited cruising the local McDonalds to the oohs and ahhs of teenagers...Don't know why they labeled it that way. Ferrari snobs I guess.

I remember reading that article too... it was something like a coolant hose clamp giving way or something that had more to do with the "prep and assembly" of the test vehicle...rather then the vehicle itself. Those C/D editors are real "fruit cakes"... YEAH... LIKE no Ferrari, Porche, Lambo, BMW, Jaguire, Corvette, Viper test mule ever had an issue with hose clamps, or mis-prepped equipement that gave way during the test... yeah..sure Now how many LC2s have been produced on on the road with no major issues after well over 150,000 miles...??? LOL I don't recall seeing any major "counterpoint" sections for the import "favorites" from this and other mag's like it... That's why I posted this article...it's unbiased and NON BULL****... even if the times are a bit slow...

Hpoefully this word will gradually get around and we can get our resale value up, as it has always been undervalued. Last I looked it was no better than a GN, and it cost twice as much.

Back