You can type here any text you want

Cool story about a GN I saw today

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brocks GN

I work as a valet in a hotel in downtown tampa . This morning I saw a black car about a block away that caught my eye, it was a GN. Nice front mount intercooler, 18'' or 19'' chrome rims, and a killer paint job, lowered, slotted disc brakes with baer calipers. It sat at a meter on the side of the rode then drove past, then it circled the block about 5-6 times. I thought wow this guys showing off now. I noticed at the other end of the street there was a guy taking pictures while he drove by. Went over to the guy and he is with GMHTP doing a story on this car! The guy finally pulled over and got out of the car, he was in is 30's, pretty big dude. I asked him if he is on any message boards and he said oh no I dont do that :confused: . He then poped the hood and everything that could be chromed was, immaculate. The guy took some pics of me talking and looking at the engine (may be in the magazine :) ). I told the guy it is a really nice GN and he said yea I got about 100K into her. Wow lot of money but it was a really nice car. I do not know if anyone knows this guy, I forgot his name. Thought I would share with you guys.

brockblackz28 said:
I work as a valet in a hotel in downtown tampa . This morning I saw a black car about a block away that caught my eye, it was a GN. Nice front mount intercooler, 18'' or 19'' chrome rims, and a killer paint job, lowered, slotted disc brakes with baer calipers. It sat at a meter on the side of the rode then drove past, then it circled the block about 5-6 times. I thought wow this guys showing off now. I noticed at the other end of the street there was a guy taking pictures while he drove by. Went over to the guy and he is with GMHTP doing a story on this car! The guy finally pulled over and got out of the car, he was in is 30's, pretty big dude. I asked him if he is on any message boards and he said oh no I dont do that :confused: . He then poped the hood and everything that could be chromed was, immaculate. The guy took some pics of me talking and looking at the engine (may be in the magazine :) ). I told the guy it is a really nice GN and he said yea I got about 100K into her. Wow lot of money but it was a really nice car. I do not know if anyone knows this guy, I forgot his name. Thought I would share with you guys.

Yes.... That was Rob (car owner) and Jeff (car builder) owner of Trackside Performance in Pompano Beach... This story was a long time comming... And to look at the car in person is breath taking.. It may even be on the Cover!!! Congrats to both of them..... it took alot of blood, sweat, tears and $$$.

Dave

Yep here are a few pics I have taken of Rob's car at Towershops (car show) at night......

Attachments

• robgnsmall3.JPG
    robgnsmall3.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 242
  • robgnsmall4.JPG
    robgnsmall4.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 214
  • robgnsmall5.JPG
    robgnsmall5.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 221
  • robgnsmall6.JPG
    robgnsmall6.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 216
  • robgnsmall7.JPG
    robgnsmall7.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 207
few more...

Attachments

• small1.JPG
    small1.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 194
  • small3.JPG
    small3.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 178
  • small4.JPG
    small4.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 186
Nice looking GN. What does it do in the 1/4 mile? For having that much money invested in the the car, why does he have a torque strap & not 1 or 2 of those H.R. poly motor mounts? I'm not trying to bust balls I'm just curious. ;)

Blaze said:
Nice looking GN. What does it do in the 1/4 mile? For having that much money invested in the the car, why does he have a torque strap & not 1 or 2 of those H.R. poly motor mounts? I'm not trying to bust balls I'm just curious. ;)

Before it under went "another" paint job and Rob really made it more of a show car with the 18" wheels it had run some 11.00's if I remember correctly... Rob has not raced it since the new motor was built with the Champion alum heads/intake, DLS cam, 70GTQ, 3.5" DP, etc. and I doubt he will because with the money he has in the paint I doubt anybody would want to race it (I'd be scared to even drive it) :eek: I'm not one for saying a car should run such and such a #, BUT I would think with the parts this car has it would probably run some low 10's on a good tuneup and a decent 60' (with some 15" wheels instead of the DUBs) :biggrin:

Yea that car was sweet... He got on it a bit at the end for us nd man it sounded very good!!

[BUT I would think with the parts this car has it would probably run some low 10's on a good tuneup and a decent 60' (with some 15" wheels instead of the DUBs) :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear, at least it's not "all show & no Go!!"

that car is the sweetest looking Gn ive seen. maynot be practical but who cares when it has a stance like that car. i have never seen a car so straight. every thing is cleaned and polished or chrome. pictures wont do justice. when i saw it im thinking i thought i had alot of time (and money) :eek: . that car i would be to worried to drive.

100k !!!

Mannnnnn. The car looks Mean and looks like it would do some damage to anyone trying to mess with it. BAD AZZ, Thats a lot of doe and he must have alot of it.

urban gorilla

hey guys i finally mad it on line i just want to thank everyone answered this tread in a positve way the magazine should be out in 3months it should be real sweet.p.s. those hr parts motor mounts they suck......

Back