You can type here any text you want

Cops Crack Down on 441 & LW Rd Drag Racing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ULOSE2A6

Hello All,

I saw a news special recently about the cops cracking down on the illegal street racing in the 441 and Lake Worth Road area. Just thought I would send a warning out to be vigilant (not that any one of us here takes part in any of this). The ricers are making it difficult for all once again. The news special showed a confiscated video with alot of cars on there and I thought I briefly saw a GN in there but could be wrong. It showcased the Thursday night drags out at the Publix there on Lake Worth Road and 441. Well take care and keep your eyes peeled.

Regards,
Shev.

Ya..the street race scene is ruined down here man. Nothing like it was years ago. Between the ricers and people that talk publicly on forums about locations and stuff, there is no secrecy anymore. Besides I would say more then half the kids doing it, are not "street racers", but more posers trying to look cool, and just happen to ruin it for the real racers. :(

-Alex

Thats real sad.

You would think that with all the money those kids have in their cars that a trip to the track wouldn't be too tough to make. Too bad a life has to be lost to make people wake up but in looking back at my late teens, nobody could tell me what to do either. I wonder what exactly went down in this case.

Probally watched the "Slow & the Curious" movies 1 too many times & had a drifting accident??

How much force does it take to split a car in half? :confused: It sucks that somebody had to lose their life over that.

Well from what was said in the news video from the link I posted the Camaro apparently lost control hit the Cobra and sent it into the pole and unfortunately as we all know poles don't move especially the ones we normally see down here which are made of cement :( I think it's probably safe to assume that both were traveling in excess of the speed limit (possibly 100+ MPH) if they were indeed racing so I can definitely see how that would be enough force to split a car in half....

Brer Rabbit said:
You would think that with all the money those kids have in their cars that a trip to the track wouldn't be too tough to make. Too bad a life has to be lost to make people wake up but in looking back at my late teens, nobody could tell me what to do either. I wonder what exactly went down in this case.

Not making excuses, but we have 1 track to service a population of at least 5 million people. Test and tune nights have no less than 500 cars. You're lucky to get 2-3 runs in a 4 hour period. I think the entire state of Indiana (where I'm originally from) has 5 million people and at least 7 tracks.

After lurking around awhile, I decided to join tonight. I couldn't view the file of the crash. No problem, I've seen plenty in my life as it is.

What surprises me though, is to see people are still racing out on 441 to begin with. Once in a great while, I visit WPB and I've been there(only to watch) a few times. I used to be down there alot and we'd go out on weekends for some fun. I've seen a fast car or two, but even back then it was typically a ricer scene much of the time. I haven't been around there at all since at least 2003.

Side note: Alex, do(or did) you also have a Starlet or some such car that REALLY steamed down the track? I remember a guy named Alex who had at least one GN and maybe two, combined with his brother. I remember seeing the race car some time later, at Moroso, running mid 8's. I was told it belonged to the same Alex, but never really knew.

Back to 441&LWR... One night, I was there with some friends and one of them raced his MC SS against(as I remember) a GN. The cops broke up the party and one car kept going while the other stopped quite peacefully... Only to recieve a ticket for driving TOO SLOWLY! Anyone know a thing about that? Heard that after the fact, since we all left upon the "subtle notice" of blue lights flashing. :biggrin:

a trail rider said:
After lurking around awhile, I decided to join tonight. I couldn't view the file of the crash. No problem, I've seen plenty in my life as it is.

What surprises me though, is to see people are still racing out on 441 to begin with. Once in a great while, I visit WPB and I've been there(only to watch) a few times. I used to be down there alot and we'd go out on weekends for some fun. I've seen a fast car or two, but even back then it was typically a ricer scene much of the time. I haven't been around there at all since at least 2003.

Side note: Alex, do(or did) you also have a Starlet or some such car that REALLY steamed down the track? I remember a guy named Alex who had at least one GN and maybe two, combined with his brother. I remember seeing the race car some time later, at Moroso, running mid 8's. I was told it belonged to the same Alex, but never really knew.

Back to 441&LWR... One night, I was there with some friends and one of them raced his MC SS against(as I remember) a GN. The cops broke up the party and one car kept going while the other stopped quite peacefully... Only to recieve a ticket for driving TOO SLOWLY! Anyone know a thing about that? Heard that after the fact, since we all left upon the "subtle notice" of blue lights flashing. :biggrin:

The Alex your thinking about had a stock block car years ago that ran low 11's, and his brother owned the stage 2 car. Then Alex bought the stage car from his brother, and his brother step away form the racing scene. Alex also had an late 70's early 80's toyota corolla corllo that went 7.50 @ around the 190 mark. Absoluty a mint car, but then he crashed the car in PR, about a year ago, and last I heard was building another one. He still has the GN, and was re-doing the car too sell it.

Okay, thanks- diff. Alex. I knew there were 2 GN's, but while I'd been told he got the 2nd from his brother, I never knew. You could tell which was being driven though, and that's when the challenges would come or not... :p

The Toyota was fast. I was thinking Starlet because that's about the only resemblent RWD 83ish Toyota I could come up with. :D I never heard of it running 7's before, but I saw it go 8.4's at Moroso. And I was told it had the power to do that without the nitrous. :biggrin: Too bad he crashed it. But in PR there's big money for that type of car in racing. It prolly made him some along the way. But like about everyone, prolly not nearly as much as he put into it.

Back