You can type here any text you want

Corvette rims on Gn?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1-CLN-GN

I found a good deal on a set of HRE wheels that came off a Vette and was wondering if they would fit a GN?What would i need to do to get them to fit.Thanks

Yea thats not going to work.

The backspacing is WAY off.

Corvettes have like 6.5 to 7.5 backspacing and are cars are 3.5 to 4.5.

Thanks man.I didn't think they would but i was hoping.Maybe with some adapters?

Thanks man.I didn't think they would but i was hoping.Maybe with some adapters?

Sorry there just not going to fit.

If there a super good deal, buy them and resale them. Then use that money to buy another set of rims with the right backspacing.

I found a good deal on a set of HRE wheels that came off a Vette and was wondering if they would fit a GN?What would i need to do to get them to fit.Thanks

Spacers will solve the problem. I got a set of 1" hub-centric bolt-on spacers to mount a set of 1990-ish era Firehawk wheels under my GN. You will have to measure the Corvette wheel versus your GN wheel to determine what thickness of spacer you need. 1" is minimum safe thickness for bolt ons, and they are typically available in 1/4" increments.

Unlike other vehicles that use spacers to push the tires/wheels inches out from where they're supposed to be, this will have no "bad for the bearings" loading issues.
A 7" wide wheel with 4.5" BS + 1" spacer (= 0" offset) will put the tire in the same place as a 7", 3.5" BS wheel (= 0" offset). The hub won't know the difference.

If the wheel is wider, you may run into other fitment issues. An 8" wheel, 5" BS + 1" spacer is "centered" (= 0" offset) like my above example. But now you have 1/2" of wheel (and tire?!) to the inside and outside that may rub on control arms, fenders, etc. If you have inside clearance issues, a thicker spacer moves the wheel out, and vice-versa.

YMMV,
Joe

Thanks for the info.The wheels are 19x10 so with a 1" spacer that will make them stick out to much for my taste.Oh well it was worth a shot.

10" wide wheels, and the 275/30?x19 tires that would go on them do have their own issues for fitting under a GN! The front is tighter than the back.
-Joe

Back