You can type here any text you want

Could someone please help me identify these sensors/plug ins?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nolanator

@none_more_black
I'm in the process of making some changes on my car and came across a few loose connections. If it's not too much trouble, could someone help me figure out what these go to?

I think this may be a turbo control solenoid although im unsure. It was near the drivers side of the bay with a vacuum line leading up to drivers side of the intake.

Second sensor: same location. Found as is.

Third plug in found branching off near IAC and dangling near the power steering pump.

Thanks!!

First is for the charcoal cannister, unplug it, and cap off the line at the intake. The 2nd is the intake air temp sensor, it goes into the air filter, or the plenum if you have a fast or other speed density system. The third is for the boost solenoid. It isnt needed, it can be left unplugged.

How many wires are going to that sensor in picture #2

It looks like the ATS "air temp sensor", but the sensor looks bigger than normal.

How many wires are going to that sensor in picture #2

It looks like the ATS "air temp sensor", but the sensor looks bigger than normal.

im away from the car currently, but i believe it was just the two wires that can be seen in the photo

For the charcoal canister one, can I just unplug that red plug in, tie it up somewhere and remove the black box all together?

Since the canister is still in the vehicle why not clip the CCP solenoid back on to it. It attaches to the top with the protrusion on the solenoid going into the port on the canister. I've put these systems back into vehicles over the years. Keeps the stench of fuel under control while in storage.

The sensor with the bird cage on the end of it is the IAT (intake air temperature). When the stock air cleaner/elbow is removed need to place that sensor where it reports the actual in coming air temperature.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back