You can type here any text you want

Custom made GN wheels, who does them?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BARRACUDA1968

I have 15x10 rims now and 28x12 tires on the back of the car. The rims are 4.5 backspacing. I rented the fender roller and got started on it last night and after 20 minutes of messing with it I backed out. I didn't get much accomplished so I formed the lip back where it was and gave it up.

I have an extra set of factory rims that I would like to have made to 15x9 with 4.5 back spacing. Then I will go to a 28x10 tire so I can get the car level and not have to modify the quarter panel.

Anyone have a set for sale or know where I can have this done at?

Looking at this picture I think the 15x9 and 28x10 tire should do the trick nicely. This is my current set up.

Thanks Brett

I tried to get this done also and called around to some of the companies that did this and was told this can't be done because of where the center of the rim sits in the 9" shell. The closest I could get to a zero offset was a 3/8 inch either way meaning a 4 1/8 inch offset or 4 7/8. I just sold a set of weld prostars 15x9 w/ 4.5 bs that fit perfect with 275/50-15. I wish goody would sell there aluminum gn wheels in 15x9 with 4.5 bs. The 10" wide are to wide unless you want the bronco billy look.

Rears Custom 15x9" w/ 5" BS from Stockton Wheel. I don't like a deep dish look so I went with a 5" backspacing but I need to use a 1" thick wheel adapter. With 265/50-15 Hankooks this gives me about 3/4" of clearance between the frame and tire on both sides of the car.

Fronts Stock 15x7 w/ 225/60-15 BFG TA’s.

5958-jpg.193058

That looks nice. I should call them about pricing. I wonder what the turnaround time is. Maybe they have cores in stock.

Stockton Wheel won't have any in stock. You send them your rims and they put your center into a ring with whatever BS you want. A 15x9 ring has to be custom made b/c they are not standard and they quoted 6-8 weeks but it took them about 2.5 months to get mine done b/c they were swamped when I ordered mine.
My centers were in really good shape so they didn't even need to repaint the centers; just cut them out and weld them in.

I'm going to have a set of 15x8's made for my slicks next year.

ks

That looks really good! I will give them a call and see what the pricing will be. Did they chrome them after they widened the wheels? I have an extra set of GN rims but they are not in great condition so I would just send those and sell the 15x10's.

They make a custom 9" ring then chrome it. Then press your center into the chrome ring and weld the two pieces together. If your centers do not look good then I'm sure they can chrome them and paint them but naturally this will cost a bit more. If you send them wheels with real good centers that don't need any work then this will keep cost down.

ks

I just sent off a set of rims to have them widened to 8" with a 4" BS. These will be for my slicks so the centers won't be perfectly painted but they'll be good enough for their intended use. They quoted 4-6 weeks but it will probably be longer due to the holidays.

ks

Why mess with the heavy steel rims and the chrome issues when you can buy the wider Aluminum repops from places like Gbody?
Brian's wheels - while not cheap - aren't ultra crazy priced either.
I might not know the advantages of steel at the strip or what have you.
But I know they weigh a ton (more).

I have thought about the aluminum wheels and they look nice. I just think the chrome set's off the car a little better than Aluminum. I haven't totally made up my mind yet though.

Why mess with the heavy steel rims and the chrome issues when you can buy the wider Aluminum repops from places like Gbody?
Brian's wheels - while not cheap - aren't ultra crazy priced either.
I might not know the advantages of steel at the strip or what have you.
But I know they weigh a ton (more).

Price aside, I also prefer the look of chrome over polished aluminum and no matter what you do with aluminum they will never shine like chrome and stay that way.

ks

Back