You can type here any text you want

Cut inner fender repair.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DarthBuick

I Win even in your dreams.
My car has Kenne Bell headers and a 3 inch downpipe. It was like this when I bought the car and the passenger plastic inner fender has been cut to clear downpipe because it has to clear headers, What have others done to keep water from road and tires out of engine? I really don't want to change to factory exhaust headers because of cost.

If you're crafty, you can cut a piece of aluminum sheet metal and with some zippy screws just patch it. I like to heat the metal with a torch before I paint it. Seems to keep it from chipping.

It probably looks terrible the way it is. Can't look any worse with a patch.

Is the benefit of these type of headers worth it over the factory style. This was-is a very quick car but for me the track days are mostly over and I am redoing it for quality and looks also.

Is the benefit of these type of headers worth it over the factory style. This was-is a very quick car but for me the track days are mostly over and I am redoing it for quality and looks also.

There is no benefit to using aftermarket headers until you are in the 10's. Or if your close and know your going further. Especially if they are an old design.

The downside of using the stockers is the infamous drivers side crack. You can get stockers with a TA Performance replacement drivers side.

Or, if you like the way it runs, you can work with what you have. But don't settle on a decision over cost. You will always wish you had done something different.

Back