You can type here any text you want

cutting the doors Eclipse speakers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
ok guys I bought a brand new set of eclipse 5 1/4 for my doors
I got them real cheap which is why I jumped on the deal

however I went to fit them under my pods and they seem to be a little bit to deep

can I cut a circle into the metal part of the door to fit the back of the speaker through so it can fit in the pod or what else can I do?

thanks

Carl

Do you have the concert sound door panels? If so, you can cut the back of the plastic mounting basket out and it will give you more depth. Gotts be careful, there's the power window motor towards the rear of the door and a window stop attached to the window that can also hit the speaker.

If you don't have the CS II panels it's a whole different ball of wax that involves some spacer work and possibly a custom grill.

I installed 6 1/2 s in my doors but it wasn't a walk in the park. Speaker is in but making a grill that I like is giving me fits (I am now on my 8th version)

yeah I think I have the concert sound

how would i Know?

the reason I ask this dumb question is because I did have gauge pods at the bottoms of my doors, however when I opened them up there were no speakers or wires in there
so I would say maybe i do have it and the guy before took them

or maybe I just dont have them

Carl

The important part is that you have the pods (grills) You'll also need the OEM mounts that go behind them...it spaces the speaker out from the door.

hmm any idea where I could get those mounts from

cause I dont think I have any?

Carl

post in the parts wanted section...there's 3 or 4 guys here who deal parts who should have them...might even post in this section...

Back