Cylinder full of gas

Hellraiser

Cam sensor timing tool came today and while bringing#1 cylinder to tdc with my finger tip on spark plugs hole,gas soaked my finger coming out of the #1 cylinder. Something is wrong and now I'm scared to try to start it. Is the gas there from trouble shooting trying to see while I'm not getting spark or what because I'm not trying to deal with a fire or a hydro locked motor.

That also washed all the oil off the cylinder wall. I wouldn't turn it over until I at least got a good coat of oil on the cylinder walls and I'd check them all.

Was the engine running before you pulled it to rebuild? Where are you located? I think you should try to find someone who's very familiar with TR's and has the shop manuals to trouble shoot. I can't imagine trying to chase starting or electrical problems without the manuals.

That also washed all the oil off the cylinder wall. I wouldn't turn it over until I at least got a good coat of oil on the cylinder walls and I'd check them all.

Was the engine running before you pulled it to rebuild? Where are you located? I think you should try to find someone who's very familiar with TR's and has the shop manuals to trouble shoot. I can't imagine trying to chase starting or electrical problems without the manuals.
I'm in Florida and the car was running before rebuild it just had blow by. Is there any way that I can get the gas out of the cylinder