You can type here any text you want

Darn SPOOLFOOL2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Mike (SPOOLFOOL2) and I played hare & hound a little today on Magnolia International Raceway. We went from about 20 or so, I think, and the Caddy stayed up with him for quite a ways, but he started pulling ahead little by little and I knew that it was curtains for me & the Cad. I shut down at about 85 or so, I believe, with Mike a little ahead of me. A little later as Mike and I talked about the "hare & hound", I told Mike that I thought that I was about a car length and a half or so behind him, but it might have been a couple of car lengths or so. Dunno. A loss is a loss, I freely admit, but the Caddy did quite a bit better than I thought it would against Mike in a 500 RWHP GN.
Mike says that the GN's weigh in at about 3500 or so, while the Caddy weighs in at about 4200 or so.
That's 2 wins / 1 loss for the Caddy, and I might be a little too selective against what I put it up against at the light, but I put about a late '80's - early '90's built Camaro to shame about 2 weeks ago leaving DD's, and about 6 weeks before that. I came up against maybe a modded A6 on the way to DD's and dropped the hammer on him. But not by much, though, maybe a car & a half length at about 80 or so & promptly shut down before he came to his senses.
I think that I will quit while I am ahead by 1, even if by luck and not by skill.

That was fun.

As soon as I felt the MT DRs hook, I rolled into it. After having the pedal to the carpet for about four seconds, I checked my rear veiw mirror to see how far back you were. To my dismay, you were not in my rear veiw. Funny thing. Untill now, the only things able to hang at my quarter panel were on two wheels. Gary!!! You must have been cheating:eek:. I'm thinking that you must have had a rope tied around my back bumper.;) That's the only thing that can explain how this could have happened. Heck! everyone knows that Cadys are slow ass, luxury cars. Or, was that Buicks?:D

I'm sure that the new ZR1 engine under your hood had nothing to do with it.:rolleyes:

Let me know when you mod that thing. I may not want to play after you do.:eek:

Nice run...

Mike Barnard

That was on Magnolia International Raceway. I would never engage in a street race. Not only are they illegal, I'd probably lose.

"Let me know when you mod that thing. I may not want to play after you do."

Uh, right. About the time that you say, "Gee, Gary, the Caddy sure sounds funny", and I say, Yah, Mike, hole in the muffler, I'm on my way to Midas right now to get it fixed" you will know that something's up.

Gary.

I clicked off a picture of you with my phone after our run.

Looking good, man.;)

Mike B.

Cadillac.jpg

I must be having a '60's-'70's relapse. That bush in the left side of the pic just above the car looks smokeable.

I was definitely wounded that the Caddy did not hang with you a little more. If that was me and that was just after our run, that would not be my thumb sticking up in the air. J/K, Mike. It was a great run, and the Caddy did surprise me doing as well as it did against the GN.

Mike (SPOOLFOOL2) and I played hare & hound a little today on Magnolia International Raceway. We went from about 20 or so, I think, and the Caddy stayed up with him for quite a ways, but he started pulling ahead little by little and I knew that it was curtains for me & the Cad. I shut down at about 85 or so, I believe, with Mike a little ahead of me. A little later as Mike and I talked about the "hare & hound", I told Mike that I thought that I was about a car length and a half or so behind him, but it might have been a couple of car lengths or so. Dunno. A loss is a loss, I freely admit, but the Caddy did quite a bit better than I thought it would against Mike in a 500 RWHP GN.
Mike says that the GN's weigh in at about 3500 or so, while the Caddy weighs in at about 4200 or so.
That's 2 wins / 1 loss for the Caddy, and I might be a little too selective against what I put it up against at the light, but I put about a late '80's - early '90's built Camaro to shame about 2 weeks ago leaving DD's, and about 6 weeks before that. I came up against maybe a modded A6 on the way to DD's and dropped the hammer on him. But not by much, though, maybe a car & a half length at about 80 or so & promptly shut down before he came to his senses.
I think that I will quit while I am ahead by 1, even if by luck and not by skill.

Gary them damn Buick's they just keep going faster. 22 year old technology & all. But I think with a little work on that Caddy there's alot of potential. But May I suggest that spool fool be given a two week suspension for embarrassing our moderator.

Naw, Tim, I'd rather wait until you break again before I offer to race you. That'll even up the odds a little.

Gary them damn Buick's they just keep going faster. 22 year old technology & all. But I think with a little work on that Caddy there's alot of potential. But May I suggest that spool fool be given a two week suspension for embarrassing our moderator.
Sorry, Lou, no can do. Mike (SPOOLFOOL2) is the greatest in my book. Truthfully, and I know that this might hurt a little, but I think that Mike might even be as great as you as a turbo Buick tuner, but for different reasons. To Mike, it is purely a hobby and he will leave no stone unturned in a quest for RWHP & RWTQ for others. I know that you have done a tremendous amount of help for others without pay. I doubt if Mike ever tunes a car without hooking up his computer and making a few runs, and knows exactly where everything is at. And I know for a fact that he can out color-sand, out-polish, & out-shine even the best of professional shops that specialize in those area, and his car is proof of that.

"Suspension"? It would appear that I have a get out of jail free card to abuse moderators and possibly venders;). My guess is that with Mean Chicken on the side lines, Gary felt the need to keep the kill section from falling into mothballs, and through himself on a Turbo Buick grenade.

Not sure if this hall pass of abuse is transferable. If it is, maybe I can rent it out for a day or two to Kevin or Ziggy to help pay to get the Chicken's car back on the road.

Mike B.

Hey Gary....give me a week or so....I'll race ya...:D

Tim,
Quit screwin around, and get the Thunderbolt Grease Slapper running. I can't single handedly hold down the Kill Section fort for too much longer.

I'm a Grease Monkey, not a Gunslinger, Damnit!:eek:

Mike B.

Sorry, Lou, no can do. Mike (SPOOLFOOL2) is the greatest in my book. Truthfully, and I know that this might hurt a little, but I think that Mike might even be as great as you as a turbo Buick tuner, but for different reasons. To Mike, it is purely a hobby and he will leave no stone unturned in a quest for RWHP & RWTQ for others. I know that you have done a tremendous amount of help for others without pay. I doubt if Mike ever tunes a car without hooking up his computer and making a few runs, and knows exactly where everything is at. And I know for a fact that he can out color-sand, out-polish, & out-shine even the best of professional shops that specialize in those area, and his car is proof of that.

Gary anyone that can put up with the likes of us is got to be special.Mike has helped me in many ways & I really appreciate it.Another point is this Buick bunch is unique & certainly has it's cast of characters. To the average outsider one might think were all nuts & hate each other but when in trouble ever notice how all it takes is a phone call & help is on the way. I certainly do the best I can & the insults are abundant & free.Then there has been this talk about starting a club.My way of thinking is that we may already have one & don't even realize it. The only thing missing are some rules.But we don't need any stinking rules.

Thanks Gary,
I do agree with you on the shiny car thing.
But let it be known. Back when I was putting baseball cards in the spokes of my bike, Lou had these bricks running in the eights. Lou was burning his own chips, when I was figureing out how to get the kick pannel off. I have built my share of engines, but when I wanted the best engine under my hood, my combo signature shows who I choose.

Allright, this this thread is getting way too Huggy-Kissy. Mean Chicken needs to get his butt back on the road, and bring order back to the Kill Section.:D

Mike B.

Back