You can type here any text you want

dash speakers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojitsu85

Can you fit 4 inch speakers in the dash or is it to tight of a fit compaired to the 3.5 inch speakers?

No. Well, not really anyway.
If you have time and money you can fabricate almost anything you want.
There are plenty of good 3.5"s out there if you insist on keeping the dash speakers.
Some good ones to check are Infinity, Polk, Boston, among others.
There really isnt the room there for a 4". Trust me. I doubt the extra size would make a big difference enough to justify the effort to redo the dash.

SilverSleeper, Do these speakers push the plastic grill upward (and possibly crack it )? I think I tried 6 or 7 different speakers from Crutchfields and all the good ones had a lip or a coax tweeter that hit the grill.I settled for some margional ones(don't remember brand)that were cheap and sound cheap because nothing else would fit.

The Rockford Fozgate speakers that I had did the same thing so I took my dremal tool(sp) and was able to fit the speaker screen in there after cutting out the plastic. Doesn't look stock any more but it didn't look bad in my opinion.

Heres what you have to do...

The speakers I have seen, have slotted holes for mounting them in the tabs at each side.
If you bend the tabs upward, then the speaker will sit farther down in the dash. If you need to, drill and enlongate the holes.

Back