delay in braking

mista808

i bought a powermaster pump from a guy on this board cuz the old one cracked. now, its just that there is a delay in braking, like before the crack. how do explain this, when i step on the brake to stop, there is a 1-2sec delay before it begins to stop. the pedal goes down slightly during the delay the brakes normally after. does anyone know what this is. could it be the accumulator? or the pressure switch? the powermaster pump works great. all help is appreciated.

I CAN TELL YOU HOW TO FIX IT. I'VE SENT MORE THAN A COUPLE VACUUM BRAKE CONVERSION KITS TO YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS. ;)

Is the peddle really hard for that first second or two? If so then it is the Acumulator Ball.

HTH

I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ON POWERMASTER REPAIR. DID YOU SAY THE PM MOTOR CAUSED A FIRE? PLEASE EXPLAIN. :confused:

i had the flu for a week, when i was a little better, i drove the car around and noticed after about a mile or 2 ther was no play in the brake, sothe fluid for the front brakes was all gone. i filled it back up at home and drove around again, same thing. i got home filled it one more time, then the pump made a sucking noise then i looked and saw brake fluid squirt on to the header and it caught fire. so i put it out. the next day, when the engine was cold i added fluid, turned the key and watch. turns out there was a small 1" crack on the powermaster pump. so i replaced it.

so i guess now i gotta get a acumulator ball. thanks