You can type here any text you want

Deleting the oil PSI sender?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robertf

The car has had a manual gauge for years. If I unplug the sender unit, will the PSI lamp come on?
The car is temporarlly down so thats why I can't try it. Thanks.

I don’t think so. I ran mine unplugged for years. The idiot light will not work at all. I ended up hooking mine back up thinking it might catch my eye if there is ever a pressure issue. I run both sensor and gauge. You can easily add with fittings from local hardware store.

The light will not come one with the plug off. The voltage flows thru a contact in the switch to light the light when you have low pressure condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unplugging the oil sensor will also cause the car to lose it's fuel pump relay backup switch.

RemoveBeforeFlight

That means if you're fuel pump relay or it's wiring every fails, your fuel pump will cut off.

It's a redundant parallel circuit. once the idiot light goes out, the pressure switch will power the pump too. There's really no upside to removing it.

That means if you're fuel pump relay or it's wiring every fails, your fuel pump will cut off.

It's a redundant parallel circuit. once the idiot light goes out, the pressure switch will power the pump too. There's really no upside to removing it.
Ok so I've removed the wire harness already. The car will work anyway, correct? I can always piece it back together.

Yeah, it'll work just fine. The fuel pump relay can turn on the pump.

They really don't fail that often but when they do the pressure switch will save the day. In your case, you no longer have that backup.

Back