You can type here any text you want

Development of a whooshing noise.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackazz

Not a Gn
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Need a little help here. I was at the track going to do a burn out.I staged my car then notice a whooshing sound coming from the trans area/tc. It only happens when I'm power breaking to build boost. Between rpm 1500-2500 range.trans still working. Tc is a ptc 10" 2800 lock up.But did notice now I can hold boost alot more then before an not do much of a launch.
An things I checked.
Hoses.
Inercooler.
Eghaust leak.
An its not the turbo sneeze, turbo whoosh sound.

Anyone else?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Problem is back,now you can here it at idle in gear ill post a video tomorrow

Ok,so in park an neutral it doesn't make any noise.the minute I shifted in to Reverse or drive the noise starts.once the noise starts it cannot be heard while driving.almost like a friction sound.clutch paks rubbing.

I am NOT a trans expert or even close. I have heard transmissions sound fine in park and then whine in gear. It usually points to the pump. Luckily that is not terribly invasive but the trans has to come out I am pretty sure.

I am NOT a trans expert or even close. I have heard transmissions sound fine in park and then whine in gear. It usually points to the pump. Luckily that is not terribly invasive but the trans has to come out I am pretty sure.
Thanks for the reply.im feeling the same. Pump failure! Trans still pulls hard, shifts well.only makes noise when in gear at low idle.

Do you have an external cooler? Might be time for one. A stacked plate one is good, I mounted mine behind the bumper horizontally under the right headlight and looped it into the radiator lines. Pretty easy but some bracketry must be crafted.

I do have an external cooler.1st in line to get that cool air.this problem poked its head out 7years ago, it would only do it when I was staging or power braking.from what I've read this sounds like a pump problem.

Back