You can type here any text you want

Did the TTA come with an adj wastegate?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
???

How many of the "some did" are original owners ??

Mine did not. Any other original owners have an adjustable ???

Mine was none adjustable. Maybe they were warranty replacements? I know my GN got an adjustable as a warranty item in late '88.

Believe mine too be original(least the stock one :-))land it has the adjustable arm on it.

later
Jeremy

can some one explain to this turbo newbie where this is located and why you would want to adjust it? isn't that the "release valve" for the air?

Originally posted by j13smiley
can some one explain to this turbo newbie where this is located and why you would want to adjust it? isn't that the "release valve" for the air?

Yep! The waste gate actuator is under the turbo. As you are looking at the car from the front, under the turbo you will see an actuator with a rod coming out of it going to the left where it is attached to the wastegate lever. This assembly opens and closes the wastegate. If there are threads on the rod it is adjustable. If you want to stay with stock boost there is no need to adjust it. If you want to raise the boost, then you need to adjust it.

From what i remember there was a thread on this one at the e-mail list, not once but at least twice..... and from what i remember there was actually nothing to do with the build up #.

Some of the cars had the adj. wastegate, some didn't..... or most of them didn't have it.

Mine did have it but it didn't have the correct white bird in the rear and the correct center caps on the wheels.... ohhh, those Mexicans......:D

And that adj.wastegate does now sit on my car, as almost everything else that Uffe did have on his car when he owned it...
lol, im cheap.

Daniel

Back