You can type here any text you want

Differential Overflow issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

0-60n4

I changed the rear differntial fluid and installed a new cover (Perfect Launch) with the bearing support bolts.
I was surprised how much fluid it took to reach the upper fill hole in the cover; about 5 quarts. At that point the level was even with the upper fill hole but after driving it, fluid comes out of the top vent tube. I have never seen this issue before. Any help?

thats a fill up.... there is a plug on the front of the pinion. take it out and I am sure you will have a lot of extra fluid come out so have a pan ready. when it stops coming out of the plug your all set..

I was surprised how much fluid it took to reach the upper fill hole in the cover; about 5 quarts. At that point the level was even with the upper fill hole but after driving it, fluid comes out of the top vent tube. I have never seen this issue before. Any help?
You put too much oil back in it. I've seen guys put too much fluid in it that it leaked at the wheel bearing seals...Put in only 2 quarts and you should be ok. Also, that aftermarket cover you installed might have a fill hole in it which is too high misleading you into taking for granted that it's the correct fill level...

hope this helps...

Claude.

The hole on the cover is for the convenience of filling the rear end, you still have to remove the plug on the diff and let it weep out once its filled to its proper level.

Yep, that was it. So stupid of me. Thanks, good to go now.

Back