Digital camcorder to website info needed

HRpartsNstuff

I currently have a Sony digital camera (707, 5 MP) that takes mpeg video for 15 sec. Once I save a file, it is roughly 5 mb in size. IMO, this is a BIG file to have on a site (compared to jpeg shots) and really big to e-mail to someone.

My dilema is that I am finding myself taking more & more videos with my still camera. Soooo, I am considering a digital camcorder that takes still shots as well. I will need both features, and my dad is interested in my still camera.

My question is, would a digital video file from a camcorder:

Look any better?
Be bigger on the screen?
Smaller in file size?
Download any easier?
E-mail easier?
Or a pain in the but to show on the website or e-mails?

I would like to have a BIG section on our site with videos of products and cars and races to make it better. Also a BIG help in tuning cars suspension by watching the launch in slow-mo over & over. Looking for any info to help make a decision. Not getting picky on brands & models yet, just looking at basics right now. I have never owned a camcorder or done digital editing, so it's all new to me.
Thanks in advance for any & all help!

Digital videos from a camcoder are better quality and smaller than those from a digital camera.

I make simple ones to put on my website using Windows movie maker software and the camera ones are always twice to 4 times the size of the camcorder videos.

Paul! I have the same camera! (I've about wore it out!)

You're taking mpegs with that camera in the highest resolution!

With the camera in mpeg mode, hit the "menu" button, and in the image size menu you'll have 3 choices:
320 (HQ)
320x240
160x112

The "HQ" setting only allows 15 seconds of video, and it DOES create a large file...

change it to 320x240-- you're not limited to 15 seconds, you can take as much video as you want (until your stick is out of memory), the quality is nearly the same, and I've found the memory used averages just under 100kb per second (I just checked a couple of videos: 13 seconds, 1.2megs; 21 seconds, 1.91 megs)

The 160x112 setting uses hardly any memory--I have a 43 second video that's only 952k! But the quality is poor too...

My brother has an expensive digital camcorder (not sure what) that takes stills, and I'm not impressed with the still pictures at all, very low quality compared to the 707. Does make killer movies, but I'm not sure of their file sizes. (lotta help that is, sorry!)

Anyway, hope this helps!
:)