You can type here any text you want

Do I have room to lower the car?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

Looking for other opinions. My new wheels/tires sit right under the lip of the wheel well and if the car was too low they definitely would hit over bumps. I like the look of lowered GNs but it's not worth wrinkling my quarter panel when it gets smacked by the tire.

Looking at the pictures provided, would you say I'll be okay with a slight drop? Or should I leave it and maybe do GNX flares?

Currently it's stock 20 year old springs with 245s in front 255s in the rear 16x8 wheels.

lower.gif

Wheels are the same size as a gta style wheel have you driven the car the way it is? how does it ride? is it a stiff or a soft ride ?do you have a full pic so we can see the stance of the car? if it were mine i would leave it the way it looks good.

Scott, I think that unless you find a way to "tuck" the wheels more inside the wheel wells, you'll be looking for trouble if you lower it!...Don't forget that the suspension needs some room to "travel" up and down...:rolleyes: ...Maybe you can lower it a bit but not too much!

Claude :wink:

Wheels are the same size as a gta style wheel have you driven the car the way it is? how does it ride? is it a stiff or a soft ride ?do you have a full pic so we can see the stance of the car? if it were mine i would leave it the way it looks good.

Yes they are basically the same as GTA wheels but I had to use wheel adapters/spacers to make them fit, that's why they are so much further out of the wheel well than a typical GTA wheel. I have not driven the car with these new wheels yet, still installing new performance mods and the car isn't running right now.

Scott, I think that unless you find a way to "tuck" the wheels more inside the wheel wells, you'll be looking for trouble if you lower it!...Don't forget that the suspension needs some room to "travel" up and down...:rolleyes: ...Maybe you can lower it a bit but not too much!

Claude :wink:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I've spent the last few weeks dealing with putting the performance parts on the car, I really don't want to spend the rest of my summer installing and removing springs 15 times trying to get a decent/safe stance. Like I've told people before "you can ask for wide wheels/tires AND a low stance", guess I should take my own advice.

GNX flares somewhat create the illusion of a lowered car since the flares come down closer to the tires, maybe I'll go that route.

Back