You can type here any text you want

Door Panel Removel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nickygn23

Hey everyone. Has anybody removed their door panels? I'm going to be removing mine and I don't want to break anything. Any advise would be great.

Attachments

• 20150408_160945.jpg
    20150408_160945.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 100
2 screws hold the arm cushion. then there is 2 screws behind that cushion.. the 2 screws that hold the pull handle. remove the door lock push buttons. the top removes first after the window is down. window handle if there is one should also be removed. electric no issue. on the top section there is two push pins one on each end. bottom is all push pine after the 2 screws behind arm cushion are removes.

Get the tool for pulling out the push pins...otherwise you risk ripping the panel itself.

I see. Be advised that the lower panel has a metal groove at the top into which the upper panel slides in. I usually pull the lower panel out first. Make sure the door is open all the way so you can work around the door handle.
The little white clips are available at the "help" section of the local parts store. Some of them will be bad or missing.

Good Luck.

Question , can I remove the upper portion of the door panel without removing the lower section?

Grab yourself some door panel clips. You'll need em. Just took mine off to replace inner/outter sweeps

Really not a hard job.....just ask the "panel" here if you have any problems...they'll be glad to help....I was going to tell you how to do it and it's easy, the others here beat me to it, so I can save my dorky answers for later. But I've done it a hundred times, just be careful with it, that's all...and I 'd take the whole door panel off in one piece...and remember to put back that rubber flap on the bottom of the panel when you reinstall it. Any coins, paper money, guitar picks, guns, Nickole Kidman's phone number, etc. found in the door, please send to me. If it's Jimmy Hoffa's wallet, call the cops for a nice reward.:p

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back