You can type here any text you want

Downpipe and Exhaust suggestions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

Alright well I just spent about the last hour reading threads about downpipes and exhaust for the TTAs. Everyone seemed to have mixed emotions about everything. What I was wanting to get is the THDP and ATR cat back exhaust. I was wondering if the THDP has any major fitment issues. Some people said they had some but never really specified what they had to do or what it was. Also I read that some people thought the ATR exhaust sounded ricey at times. I was wondering what everyone really thourhgt of it since more people probably have it now. Currently I have a big leak at my cat so I wanna do the exhaust soon and get it all fixed. If you know of any other good downpipes or exhaust post your thoughts of it and post somewhere that we can buy it and read about it.

Stock down pipe is good to mid 11's.

I like my quiet factory exhuast. The ATR is loud, but really well made. The SLP is another good choice..

My pipes are not rotted so i decided on a Dynomax muffler and use an electric cutout when I want noise/flow.

Lastly, I believe the THDP are on back order till??????????? I wont comment.

Yep, if I had it to do all over again, I would have just left the stock down pipe. All the aggravation over the ill fitting THDP would have never happened. Let alone dropping 7 bills for it and a new cat.

I'd go cat back before doing a down pipe. Like Razor said, ATR and SLP(I had) fit great and will last a lifetime.

Which SLP is it that will fit on the TTA? Also which one sounds better. I want more of a rumble like a V8 and would prefer pretty much no drone or sounds like a ricer.

I think I'll stick with the stock downpipe and maybe just get a dump and catback. Then I can put the money I was gunna use on the dp and ut it towards buying a fuel pump, injectors, a chip, and turbolink.

I think the SLP was 31008. I really liked the SLP better than the ATR. The ATR is louder but its more raspy for my tastes. The SLP is a little deeper than stock at idle and about as quiet cruising. At WOT, its louder than stock.

My car went 12.1 with the stock down pipe and cat-back. Only change in the exhaust was a cat pipe. The stock exhaust will get into the 11's with no problems.

I assume the "two on the left" catback for single cat will fit. That's what I have on the GTA. I like the sound, then again I've always loved SLP's sound.

Just to add I'll be running the ATR 3'' downpipe with external wastegate.

Can't wait to see how bad fitment will on this thing :rolleyes: I know I'll have to chop it a bit since I have SFC's.

The SLP "Single Dual" cat back goes on very easily. I have one on my old beat up TTA and it sounds great. Thats the one with two tail pipes exiting on the drivers side of the car. Turbota.

I just got under my car and looked at my exhaust. I thought my exhaust was stock with the tips cut off but it looks to be aftermarket aybe. It's stainless steel, no mandrel bends, a muffler that is side ways, and it ends with just pipes out of the mufflers cut at an angle. It looks like a pretty cheap exhaust system besides for it being stainless steel.I haven't been able to really hear it because I have a huge leak at the cat. I would still like to replace the exhaust and I think I'm gunna go with the SLP. The only thing is if I get 3" cat back I want to look into getting a cutout. The only cutout that I have been able to find is on johnsperformance.com and it's only a 2.5". Would this still work with the 3" cat back?

The SLP is designed to bolt on to either the stock cat or aftermarket cat. So a stock cat pipe or cat pipe with dump will work with the SLP.

Alright well I would like the appearance of the stock tips when the exhaust is on. However my car didn't come with the stock tips. Does anyone know where I oculd find a set of stock tips and if it would look basically stock if it were to be welded onto the SLP Cat Back exhaust.

Back