You can type here any text you want

DR/Wheel Size Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who Needs 8

Ok, I'm a previous GN owner (RIP 10/12/2001 *TEAR). So after she left this world, I sold some BFG DR's I had on my T-Type wheel knock-offs to a friend of mine. He took them off the wheels, and gave the wheels back. So I have a pair of 15"x8" wheels.

Now, my delima is going with a 275x15 DR (Probably BFG's or M/T ET Streets).
Or will those not fit, so just get some Nitto's put on my Stock TTA wheels?

So, in short . . . Does anyone know if T-Type wheels with 275's on fit the TTA?

In order to get 15s to fit you will have to grind the fins off your calipers. Some don't mind doing this but I don't really see the point in it when you could just go with 16s. I think the T-type wheels are the wrong offset and will rub I think it's on the back.

I had Nittos on my TTA wheels and really liked them. I was pulling high 1.7 for my 60 foot and was having a hard time getting any better and they would just spin if I tried launching any harder. I think they lasted me like 5k miles which included 3 days at the track and some pretty big burnouts. I still have them in my garage and they probably have another 500 miles on them. The only bad thing about DRs on a car like a TTA is they pick up EVERYTHING. You're going to start noticing some new rock chips and they're pretty noticeable on a white car.

Yeah, that's why I asked . . . I definatly don't want to grind anything.

The previous owner (Captain Mark) had Nitto's on the rear, but because of a new Texas law, he had to inspect it in my county in order for me to buy it, and they wouldn't inspect it with the DR's on there (Not enough tread left, even though anyone else other than an inspector would say otherwise, lol).

Thanks for the advice.

Back