You can type here any text you want

Drag Radial Diameter Comparison? 28" vs 26"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HWYSTR455

I'm doing the research for a friend who wants to buy wheels for his 87 GN, and 17s I keep saying are the way to go. He is saying that he needs as close to a 28" tall tire as possible for traction reasons, and as most know, there is no 28" tire available in 17s.

Question: What's the traction difference between a 275/40-17 and a 275/60-15 BFG Drag Radial? Is it a very noticable difference, or is it splitting hairs?

FYI- The tallest 17" tire I can find is a Nitto Drag Radial 255/50-17, which is 27" tall. How do the Nittos compare to the BFG Drag Radials?

the nittos are MUCH better than the BFGs but still in the low end for traction compared to MTs and M&H. I bought nittos this last time around because they are a very good compromise between a true street tire and an all out drag tire... they fall right dead in the middle with wear and traction.

a 275-40-17 is 25.7 inches tall and a 275 60 15 is 28 inches tall. its not a matter of traction but if your car is a mid 12 or higher you would benifit from a 26 inch tall tire but high 11 and lower you would benifit from a 28 inch taller the point is you would mph better. your best bet is a mickey thompson 275 40 17

check out M&H they have a 275/50/17 28" tall drag radial. i run these on my car and am very happy.

ordered mine direct from m&h. use code 01racemaster in cupon code box for a 10% discount. if it doesent work call m&h marketing and ask for the new discount code.

Eh, I ordered them from RPMOutlet.com, got them for 169.99 each, which I guess isn't too bad then. Direct M&H sells them for 199.99, and with 10% that's only another $20 off, or $180. Anyone else get them cheaper?

Back