You can type here any text you want

dream race tonite!! I beat a viper!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

N2HIPSI

1 of 463
I was at the local cruise tonite which had a great turnout. There were 147 cars of all kinds including 30-some vettes,a vortech supercharged ls1 trans am, several mustangs, 2 vipers, and a slew of street rods. I was there with my wife and 2 kids in my 86 wh-1. I was running 93 octane, xylene and boost was set at 18#. We had the lawn chairs,stroller,cooler and assorted other things in the trunk. As we were leaving the cruise, I noticed that the black Viper ACR coupe was in front of me at the light. The road was a 4 lane with several lights that streched out a good distance apart. When the light turned green, he took off pretty quick. I laid on the gas and sat right behind him till probably 85 or 90. My wife told me that was enough and I had proved my point to him and myself. I let him go and slowed down. As luck would have it, we caught the next red light and lined up. I looked at my wife for approval. I spooled up just enough to get on the converter. I killed him off the light. I put 1/2 a car on him immediately. As I hit about 40mph, the 235/60's let go. I stayed in the gas(spinning horribly) as he caught and started to pass me. My tires finally hooked as he got out on me 1/2 a car. He botched his 2nd to 3rd shift(had to double clutch) and I pulled back in front of him by 3/4 of a car. I kept him there through his 4th gear shift. I let off and slowed down to the speed limit. He pulled beside me. The look on his face was priceless! It was one of shock, confusion, and total disbelief. He then slowed to let me in front of him so I could make my turn. I normally behave with the family in the car, and I know that street racing is dangerous, but we(me and the wife) realized that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. The thought that a 15 year old family car with 4 people and a trunk full of stuff could beat a $90,000 dollar purpose built factory race car is truly awesome.
Long Live The Darkside!!!!

He`s very lucky you had the wife and kids, Or he would really have felt the force of the Darkside!! Great Kill!!

You should told your wife to sit in the back. Then your tires would not have let go at 30mph:D

cool kill! Was it at the at the Crispin square cruise night man?? We were away that night or I would been there too.

Frank

Yea Frank, It was. There was an awsome turnout. I'll be at the Silver Diner cruise tonite across the street from the Cherry Hill Mall on rt 38 from 6 to 8 or so. Maybe I'll see you there.

Back