You can type here any text you want

Dumb Boost Controller Question . . .

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who Needs 8

Alright, I'm an idiot, I know. :cool:

So I bought my car with a Precision GT 3255 Turbo, Tile external Wastegate, and adj. boost controller. The boost controller is mounted on the radiator cover infront of the turbo.

The previous owner (Captain Mark) put a white line on the dial of the controller. Now, I could just email him and ask, but I just thought of posting this while I was on here.

Which direction do I turn it to DECREASE boost? Clockwise or Counter-Clockwise??? And what's the measurement of how much I've adjusted per turn?

(Yeah, I know, who wants to decrease boost. LOL ;) )

If putting up a picture would help, I can do that.

You're going to turn it so that the bolt comes out which should be counter clockwise.

How the boost controller works is it restricts the air that passes through it with a spring and a ball at the end. When you turn the screw you put more pressure on the spring making it harder for the air to compress it to get through. This will reduce the amount of air that passes through it. In case that didn't make sense here's a picture.
http://www.darklightning.com/gi/mbc.jpg

Back