Durability mods that are worth it?

TriShield

Buick Turbo Elitist Pr|ck
I see vendors selling things like oil booster plates, valve cover breathers, stuff like that. Supposedly they repair defects on the engine/driveline.

I was wondering if these parts are worth it, and what parts I should have on the car to help it be more trouble free?

Also wondering if it would be a good idea to install new valve cover gaskets, and engine seals on the car even if it doesn't need it because of age...

ALL THESE THINGS ARE UPGRADES. ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO HEAD OFF A POSSIBLE PROBLEM IS GOOD TO DO.;)

Some are necessary, some are not...

If you follow the advice in gnttype.org, you should be OK. Most of the little modifications fall into two catagories -- what you need to run more boost and what you need for a high mileage engine.

If your engine is not leaking oil profusely, don't worry about old gaskets.

Blocking off the turbo from pulling in oily air from the valve cover is good to prevent lowering the octane level of the fuel in the combustion chamber.

The best advice for trouble-free operation of a TR is to make sure you have enought fuel for the boost level you intend to run and to make sure you have enough octane. Lack of either one of those will cause a bunch of work on your part when the engine lets go.

A scan tool -- even a knock detector -- will do wonders for the longevity of the engine too.

HTH