You can type here any text you want

Dynomat?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paul Clark

Door panels are off. Anything to put in there to get rid of the "tinny" sound when the doors get shut?
Thanks

Dynamat extreme will take care of that. It will not take much, in other words you do not have to cover the entire inner and outer door skins to kill the thin sheet metal sound. The Dynamat extreme doesn't smell and holds up well to heat, so it will not melt and run down the door skins causing a big mess. Just be sure to clean the panels really good with acetone before applying. You could use a door kit, but I think a couple of wedge packs will get you the results you want. Just cut into smaller pieces and place at various spots on the door skins. Lightly knock on the panels with your knuckles to find the area that need the material. HTH
John

I did my whole car in 1994, be careful that stuff is heavy. :eek:

I used a lot on the doors, make sure you don't get any near or over the door locks mechanisms or anything that has to move in there.

It will bind it up on hot days, had a problem with one doorlock that way.

I like the idea of smaller pieces in strategic spots.

Dynamat works for sure. :)

I used the original and a roller with heat gun.

Orginal Dynamat is heavier (about twice as much per sheet) and doesn't hold up to heat as well as Dyanmat extreme.
John

I actually tried dynomat in my doors but found it to be heavy and it didn't always stay put. I took a can of undercoating and sprayed that inside the door on the outter skins. Used about half a can on each door. Just built up layers until it was to my liking. Works really well, stays put, and isn't near as heavy. I don't think it gave quite as much sound deadening as the mat but pretty close. BTW, I love Dynomat and have it all over the rest of the car but it didn't work well for me on the doors.

I've done the undercoating thing before. It was in the time before anything like Dynamat came out. Had to live with the stink for weeks and made my eyes water every time I got in the car. There are some companies that have the spray on stuff that doesn't smell too bad for too long. I just like the sheet stuff better than the spray, it's not as messy.
John

Try Fatmat. It is lighter than Dynomat extreme and sticks better too, and you do not need a heatgun to apply it. Just give it a try. It also costs way less. Dynamat makes great stuff don't get me wrong, but there are other options.

http://www.fatmat.com/

Back