You can type here any text you want

ECM/No start roblem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IronEagle119

I remove the kick panel to check what chip i'm running, becuase it was installed years ago and wasn't sure what was there. I didn't remove anything from the ECM, didn't play with the wires at all, didn't open the back of the ECM. I put it all back because i didn't want to open the ECM and start problems, i put kick panel back together and then tried to start the car, but now the car will not start, it keeps turning over and over, but no luck. I tried a backup ECM with the stock chip and the other lil chip i moved from the ECM to the backup ECM and still just turns over and over. The chip is a Ultrachip 3.02 made by Caspers Elec. it does have a kill switch on the thumbwheel, but I checked it nad it's in the normal position #3. I cannot get the car to start with either ECM. HELP ME PLZ!!!

Jason-did you un-plug the orange "hot" wire" coming off the battery? Kurt

not the first tiem when i just looked at the eCM and decided not to play with it, so i didn't touch anything, jjust got to it and decided naw, not worth the trouble, put hte ECM back and no start, then everytime i tried to swpa chips and ECM's, i have had the positive wire from the battery unplugged.

Check to make sure the orange wire didnt pull out of the ECM plug

Jim, the orange wire in the wire harness dind't come out, i see it going into the plastic harness.

I'm going to post this in the general tech area also, it gets more veiws there.

What does the check engine light do when you tirn the key on (Dont crank it) - is it on, off or blinking?

That means the orange wire isnt in all the way. Or a pink/blk but the orange is more common, especially since you pulled the ECm out of the kick to put a prom in it. That wire is a tad short and I usually haveta push mine back in.

Otherwise, if you insist its in 100%, you'll need to check to see where the ECM isnt getting power.

Also, make sure the plug is into the ECM all the way

there is a little play with the pink/black, and the orange wires, in the smaller of hte 2 harness's. I've tried pushing it down but it's a tight fit and i'm not sure if i'm getting it down far enough, any tips or tricks to get it to seat firmly?

Back