You can type here any text you want

eDIST for an LT1 camaro.....eliminating the opti spark

• Thread starter Thread starter james007
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
J

james007

I am desperatly wanting to get rid of my opti spark. Has anyone completed this switch yet? Is it as good as i think it is? If anyone can help i would be very greatfull!!!

F.A.S.T. ...... craig and lance, you guys are the greatest !! Thanks for all the support. From me and all the others with your system!!! The system is great, but you guys make it BETTER !!!!

james007

www.nedyno.com has done it

also, george baxter and fred (aka formula 96 enjuneer) on www.camaroz28.com has done it also

except they both have motec boxes with the ls1 coils where as the one from nedyno has the Edist box with LS1 coils

call up nedyno and get pricing from him

You can also try Quest Racing in MA, (508) 752-6400. They whipped up a deal that eliminates the entire Optispark assembly and uses LS1 coils. I have another customer out west using these coils on a 1000+ hp engine, so you get plenty of "oomph" out of them.

Thanks craig...again and again and again and again...you get the point!!!! Your help is invalueable !!!!! I had a few beers so i am not sure about me spelling!!!!! LOL

thanks again!!! F.A.S.T.

james007

soon to be a 9 sec. LT1 with a six speed and a FAST ECU !!!

and the A/C still blows cold!!!!

NEDyno

New England Dyno and Tuning and Quest Racing are in the same building.

Currently they are working on converting 4 LT1's with the edist box and the LS1 coil packs. 2 of them should be running, one on the engine dyno and the other is already in the car.

Rob

I was unaware of that, thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind.

I assume NE Dyno and Quest work hand in hand on a lot of this then? I've dealt with the guys at Quest quite a bit but haven't had an opportunity to talk to anyone at NE Dyno.

Yeah Mike at Quest, has said he has talked to you quite a bit on the phone.
The engine on the dyno right now is Dean's of New England Dyno.
Its a LT1 with the coils and edist, it will also have a mighty big shot of NOS.

Rob

Back